Wifi adapter on TV to add network to blueray

sgh77

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
Hi

Odjective: Blue Ray gain access to network via either Apple TV or Smart TV, as to gain Blue Ray features.

I have a LG 6500 SMART TV I'm using a wifi dongle which leaves its ethernet port free, I also
have Apple TV2 which is Wifi and has its ethernet port spare.

I have a Blue Ray that is also able to be connected to the network but only through an ethernet cable,
(but i dont want to run a cable from the router to the Blue Ray), my question is can i network the
Blue Ray from the ethernet of the other network connected item?

Cheers

sgh77

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010

Thank you for your reply, i was aware of these and have been looking at one, however i would like to exhaust options before having to purchase new hardware, I wonder if i could use my D-Link G604T to bridge?

sgh77

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010

If i was to buy new hardware it would have to solve both my problems... (See my last post above)

d85kennedy

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
You cannot connect the blue-ray ethernet to the tv as the LG has no network capability for sharing its internet connection.

From looking on google it appears that you are not the only person having problems with iphone and HP over airprint. I would hold off buying anything just now incase HP/Apple can solve with an update.

From your other post, using the other router as a wifi extender would be a good shout. Remeber you will need to have both routers on the same subnet

"Ip address for HG556a is 192.186.1.1
Ip adress for the G604T is 10.1.1.1

Change to
Ip address for HG556a is 192.168.1.1
Ip adress for the G604T is 192.168.1.2

Have the router connected directly to your modem handle DHCP and disable it on the other.

sgh77

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010

Thank you, my question is if the second wifi router/modem is just a slave will it bring any of its own feature to the network or will it just repeat the signal of the master wifi router/modem? Thus nulling and voiding the 2nd routers ability to see the AirPrinter?

d85kennedy

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
The easiest solution would have the 2nd wifi router as its own access point. But if you moved the laptop you would need to change between 2 wifi networks.

You would need to check with your netgear equipment to see if you can activate wifi-bridge mode. This joins to two wifi networks together as 1. This would be the preferred solution

TRENDING THREADS