Gtx 670 gets hot hep needed

i installed gtx 670 in my intel dx58so and i am having i7 980x with 8gb ram and 120 gb intel ssd.

so what happen:

when i installed my gtx 670 after a clean new window installation. i installed bf3 i started playing multiplayer with ultra setting

what i found i that some times my gtx 670 gets hot even when it's fan are at full rpm or sometime my cpu gets hot i am using the

lastest nvidia drivers 301.42 what should i do i am using corsair 600t case for cpu i planed to bought h100 but what ahould i do

with my gtx 670 .
21 answers Last reply
More about needed
  1. How hot is hot ?
  2. chitranjan said:
    i installed gtx 670 in my intel dx58so and i am having i7 980x with 8gb ram and 120 gb intel ssd.

so what happen:

when i installed my gtx 670 after a clean new window installation. i installed bf3 i started playing multiplayer with ultra setting

what i found i that some times my gtx 670 gets hot even when it's fan are at full rpm or sometime my cpu gets hot i am using the

lastest nvidia drivers 301.42 what should i do i am using corsair 600t case for cpu i planed to bought h100 but what ahould i do

with my gtx 670 .

The latest WHQL drivers are 306.23

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-306-23-whql-drivers-released/
  3. maxh22 said:

i know these are beta i even installed them same problem is there
  4. maxh22 said:

sorry sorry i havn't check these drivers as they just arived today ok well i am trying these drivers hope these will gonna solve my problem.

if they will work then thanks in advance
  5. GreenDutchAlien said:
    How hot is hot ?

that i don't know but i put its fan to 100% and even then when i touch it i found it too hot.

i am not understanding that is it my gpu fault or my cpu sometimes cpu gets hot sometimes gpu and my game just freezes and i shut down or i have to restart it with the button i never found the exact temperature
  6. You found it to hot ???

Sorry, but that's not really something we can work with ; a gpu can easily reach 75C, so to hot to even touch for a long time.

We need exact figures, download an oc program like msi afterburner and list your emps.
  7. too hot to touch with bare skin is still within tolerance of the GPU. That's not a good indicator at all :lol:
  8. egilbe said:
    too hot to touch with bare skin is still within tolerance of the GPU. That's not a good indicator at all :lol:

Download EVGA Precision X it will tell you your temps!
  9. guys how i can record my temps when i am playing my game ?
    it gets hang when i am fully busy with my game and i don't know after what time it will gonna hang it's random so please help with good suggestions
  10. Just start the monitor program and game and check now and then.

Specially because the crashes are random it might not be a temp issue.
  11. dude not only game crash my whole pc gets freez and i have to restart with the botton on my case
  12. I understand dude, but you can check every 10-20 seconds can you. If the temp stays around 70-80 it's ok. If you see strange fluctuations or very high temps it's not ok . . .
  13. ok i am gonna do it this way
  14. I believe there is a way to get some kind of crash report but i don't know how, maybe someone else.

Otherwise thats the only way i'm afraid.
  15. well i did what you said checking the temps after every 5-7 sec
    and i got this the last time i enter the game i saw the max temp was 69 i was using GPU twaek to see the temps and as i entered the game after 2 sec it freezed with sond loop
  16. 69 is more than fine.

Don't think it's a heat issue.

Did you remove the old drivers ?

What powersupply do you have ?
  17. i had the clean new windows installation and my psu is 1000 watt cooler master
  18. I also have the Intel DX58SO and it appears to be incompatible to every GK104 graphics card I have tested. It just freezes and then after some time restarts. Maybe Intel will release a BIOS fix.
  19. guys i sort it out install the window and don't crack the windows because punk buster makes a problem i don't know why but it do so try this it helped me may be you get the help too :o :bounce: :ange: :pt1cable: :lol: :kaola:
  20. In my case it cannot be Punkbuster, since it happened with a clean install and with different 600 series cards. All other pc elements are working fine with a non-600 series card.
  21. use the beta drivers may they will help or you can do one thing just download the msi after burner and increase the volt to +25 for more

watch this video may be this will help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-x9qMVJ92w
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Intel Graphics