IBM Deskstar help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Telicus

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2001
Hey I need a little help I have an IBM DeskstarGTS60 or somting like that im new to ibm storage it is 41g and I am only geting 37g I dont think my partition would take 4g but im new to win 2k and IBM storage so I dont know also it is probly just a jumper setting so can anyone show me the settings I am used to Maxtor jumpers were you read teh damn paper on the hard drive and you set up your jumper. For now all I want is a master with full capibility and I will also need juper settings for slave becase I will be useing radi with an old maxtor 6g thanks.

"yes I know my enemy they are the teachers that taught me to hate me"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Telicus on 11/13/01 12:43 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I'm using an IBM Deskstar 20GB(60GXP-7200RPM) drive, and the jumper settings are all listed on the drive itself, perhaps they don't do this on all drives, it's nice. Check out IBM.com for more drive specific info, they should have your jumper settings there for you. As far as only seeing 37GB, that most likely is correct, because most bios programs show the total storage space as 1 Gigabyte equaling something like 1,024,068,000. I know that number is not right, but the main point is that it is greater than 1,000,000,000. So when you multiply that number by 37, you get your 41GB. If that is not the case, well, I've no idea. But for example, my "20GB" drive shows up as approx. 19.6GB.

G

i'm use the ibm 41g,i use fat32 format it,and get 38.2G.
so i don't think your disk is limited with a jump.maybe you should see the partition information of your disk.you can see it in fdisk under dos mode.

=ORIGENAL XUANYUAN CLAN=