nick1200

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I have a asus gtx 580 directcu ii which is overclocked and im getting around 55c on full load playing on ultra on bf3. Im about to water cool my computer and would like to know if i should water cool my gfx card ? I have 1 triple rad a double rad and a single rad so have enough rads for it..

The problem im scared of is the water cooling increasing my temps... Because has you know the directcu ii has two huge fans. I would like to go sli with 580's in the further so water cooling it would make a lot of room for me..

What do you guys think should i just water cool my cpu or my gfx card has well ? Because the gfx card is doing so well on air... but would like to water cool it but wouldn't want my temps to go higher... or get worse..

lasttimeii

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
i would just cool the cpu no need for the gpu when you get your 2ed 580 then water cool it and no your 580 wont get hotter if you water cool it . that's just me i'm to slow for computer tech

nick1200

Honorable
May 10, 2012
could i ask why you think i should wait ??
I was gonna buy a normal 580 but then the directcu ii version was 10 pound more so went for it. I never thought i was gonna water cool so that is why i bought it. But now im gonna water cool i wish i bought a normal 580. But i was gonna water cool this 580 directcu ii and change the back plate from a triple slot to a double slot then get a normal 580 and sli it in time and have them both water cooled. But was thinking to water cool this one till i get the other normal one..

nick1200

Honorable
May 10, 2012
im not running sli yet tho... I wanted to water cool one of my 580s and them save my pennys and get another one... and then when i get another one buy a water block be for i put it in....

I was only asking because my temps are great at the moment with my 1 580 directcu ii and im thinking if to water cool it or not. Because i have another pipe and can get a water block for it... Its just should i or not water cool a 580 directcu ii till i get another normal 580..... when i get another one id buy the block for the other one be for i put it in.

G

If you get a good water cooling setup for the 580 it wont raise the temps at all. Would be pretty hard to INCREASE the temps over air unless done the wrong way.

Honestly 55C is really good. My 460 hits 60+ in some games during long sessions and yours is way more powerful. There is no reason to water cool and spend money unless you SLI, then and only if the temps get too high you could look into it. At this point and with those temps there is no reason to spend money on that.

nick1200

Honorable
May 10, 2012
So best to just water cool my cpu ?? I have a huge case with 7 140 mm fans so that is most probably why it is so good. I have 3 rads and a 1500lph water pump so bit much just to cool my cpu....

G

If it were my system I would just water cool the CPU. Those GPU temps are perfectly fine.

If you really want to you can do the GPU now, but you'll have to do it again if you SLI.

Its up to you, if you got the stuff ready to water cool it you can then OC the crap out of it :)