GTX 670 "driver keeps crashing"

malakar

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
Hi

So the title says it all. Brand new computer, 2 gtx 670 and it keeps crashing. Sometimes it recovers, most of the times it restarts and some other times I get the blue screen thing.

I tried with only one graphic cards, tried switching but it seems to be doing the same thing. I installed the drivers from the driver disc in the box.

CPU 3770K
MOBO asus maximus rampage V
PSU corsair 850w
GPU msi gtx 670 power ed

nick1200

Honorable
May 10, 2012
never ever ever use the drivers on the driver cd. Always download drivers from the gfx cards company. Because some times old drivers do not support sli etc... and new drivers have loads of bug fixes. Go to there website and download the latest driver. Problem should get fixed

malakar

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
I tried both card alone and I got the same problems. I juts found out there is a new driver out, it's installed and I plug in my old 560 ti graphic cards. I'll see if its gonna crash again. If not I guess I'm the unluckiest guy in the world and both cards got broken somehow.

Stragely enough I tried one of my cards in my old computer for a while and it work like a charm. Really don't know what's causing it...

G

Dont use the drivers from CD as said above. Uninstall those, then go to www.nvidia.com and use the latest there.
Also make sure your PSU is SLI capable and certified, I highly doubt yours isnt but just to be safe check.
Are your temps out of control? Or is this during idle time?

malakar

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
Update, I have the latest nvidia drivers and I got a blue screen again, but with my old cards, which both work fine on my old computer... 4 graphics card and they all crashed. Is it possible there is a problem with the motherboard?

nick1200

Honorable
May 10, 2012
blue screen of death has i call it would be because of temps e.g your cards are to hot or there are files missing e.g driver files , operating system files. I would do a full fresh instal of windows and see.. Or swap hard drives from the working computer to the not working and then if that works then you know its the hard drive.

malakar

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
Okay, so as I thought, graphic cards are fine, they are working properly on my old computer. There is something wrong with the new one. I'll have to whipe the hard drives clean and try a fresh installation of windows.