Need some Gpu help

pcnewb71

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
so after find out my mobo cant work I am buying a new one, but now a new issue I don't know what PSU to get or motherboard for that matter. I am looking to get a evga nvida gtx 550 ti but i dont know what Psy to get or what mobo any suguestions would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

CG_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
1st question is what processor you plan to use, second question is size of case

this will give us a better understanding of the limitations regarding our suggestions

CG_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
what generation is your i5?

and do you plan on using other cards in addition to your selection? also do you use any peripherals that require a pci lane or extra space on the motherboard?

CG_Gamer

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

So yes you have a second gen LGA 1155 Core i5, with which all of the suggested would work great, not sure if newegg delivers outside US, but the same type of board ould be something to look for, and for what you would be doing with your computer (I assume gaming) youd want to have somewhere between the 600-750w power supply range just to make sure you have more than enough power

this creates some headroom for your power supply (this is good because the power supply doesnt give 100% of the listed power, so just skimming by can lead to a power supply meltdown and can takeout your whole system)