New build!(Also First)

Kashyap98

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Hey guys so today i will be asking for opinions, suggestions and comments on my first build that i am planning on doing.

Here are my planned Specs;
Intel core i5 2500k
Corsair Vengence 8gb Ram
Rosewill Blackhawk
Samsung 830 series 256gb SSD
WD Black 500gb 7200 rpm
Sapphire Radeon hd 7850 2gb
(Should i get 2 for 2 monitors that i want?)
two Viewsonic Va1932wm monitors.
500 watt psu from Corsair\

That concludes my List!
Tell me if this is good enough to handle editing on one screen, and gaming on another!
Plus play Minecraft full setting and BF3 on medium settings.

malbluff

Honorable
You should get i5-3570K and ASRockZ77 Extreme 3 (or 4). You will need a cooler for CPU, if you are overclocking. Suggest CoolerMaster Hyper 212Evo. Do you really need 256GB SSD? Unless there is particular reason 128GB Samsung 830 and larger HDD may be more efficient. HD7850 will be plenty for your stated needs. The MSI TwinFrozr is possibly the best one. Whilst HD7850 is plenty now, it may be worth thinking about the HD7870, that is worth the relatively small additional cost. 500w power supply is adequate, but something like XFX 550w gives you a bit more, in hand.
With regard to two screens, provided only one is being used for gaming, the other for "multi-tasking" that doesn't add much demand on GPU.

Kashyap98

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
I do not plan to OC, so do i still need a fan for that? the case i am buying comes with 5 fans inside already so i planned on that being enough. I think that SSD idea is good, i'l look into that Graphics card, i'l look into all of this and get back to you thank you!

Kashyap98

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Is it worthwhile to upgrade the Cpu and mobo to what you are saying? Times are tough in the US but i thought i should get something for entertainment and producing youtube videos

malbluff

Honorable

I5-3570K and, say, Asrock Z77 Extreme 3, is a good bit better than i5-2500K and Asrock Z68 Extreme 3. I don't know what you are paying for the Z68 board, but normally very little difference between cost of 2 options, so 3570K the much better choice. If you happen to be in US and near a Microcentre, they've got $50 off the 3570K, at moment, that makes it even better choice, but, even without that, it's still the way to go.

malbluff

Honorable

Another benefit with i5-3570K; lower power consumption. If using 2500K, you probably should go up to 550w. 500 would be very borderline.
If OP confirms where he is (near Microcentre?), and budget, would be possible to give more specific suggestions.

ankur_info

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

i5 -3570 k is better then i5 2500, but using lower the 550 W PSU is not Recommended

Kashyap98

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Thanks guys i will defenitly upgrade my psu, i think i'l stick with the 2500k for now i'l upgrade later when i see fit because i'm trying to save money while still getting enough for entertainment. i'l stick with my mobo for now too.... what do you guys think about ebay for buying parts? trustworthy or not?
(Ebay is just a backup incase i need to look for cheaper prices, doubt i'l use it just wondering if buying from their is smart.)

malbluff

Honorable

The ASRock Z68 Extreme 3, is I understand discontinued. I'm interested to know where you're getting a deal on it, with i5-2500K that makes it much cheaper than i5-3570K and Z77 mobo, that are much better. Are these used/open box?
As to the Seasonic PSU, yes it's excellent.
EBay has some good sellers, and some not so good ones. Generally prefer to deal with companies like NCIX, Newegg, Microcentre.

Kashyap98

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Well a close friend was offering me that combo for $100... I went over to his house to see if it was operational or not. it was so i thought that would be good to build around.

malbluff

Honorable
Sorry, that explains a lot. I couldn't understand why anyone would chose the older, weaker system, when the prices are virtually the same. Of course it makes sense if you are getting mobo and CPU for $100, compared to $300 for new. You take a chance on how long they will last, but if in reasonable condition, got to be worth the chance, at the price.

Kashyap98

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
He's a good friend he won't let me down... He also told me if something did go wrong he would pay for repairs. I did see the prices and they are not much different i'm not stupid you know. lol

Kashyap98

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
haha i agree i think it'l be able to handle everything i throw at it maybe nor bf3 64 man server on ultra but enough to keep me happy until someone gets me another good deal!