Good gaming/entertainment computer build for around $600

alzza

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
I want to buy a new computer but only spending around $AU600 for a new build that is good for media and gaming.
I won't be playing hardcore graphical games like Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2. I will only be playing games like Sleeping Dogs, Dota 2, Mirrors Edge, and Aion. Also i watch a lot of TV Series' too. Anime hehehe.

Here are a few of my current specifications:
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+
RAM - 8GB DDR2
GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260
Motherboard - GA-MA770-S3P

I have heard that some people have said that my current build is decent but it is just that my CPU is bottlenecking. My computer seems to be overheating a lot when gaming and my Power Supply makes a loud rusty noise when it starts up but then it stops in a few minutes. If i should buy a new and better CPU then which CPU is compatible for my motherboard?
Also, i want to be able to record games in full HD with fraps with no lag too.
If you think my current specifications will be outdated soon then give me a good build with pricing :)

Thanks to all! :D

alzza

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
I don't need a monitor, keyboard and mouse in my new build. My current ones are very good at the moment. Also i don't need a Windows CD since i use everything cracked these days...

G

I wouldnt advertise that you bootleg. For that little will be hard pressed to have a descent pc, your better off putting that money towards a descent laptop with slightly better specs than your desktop goal.

Despot96

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2012
Your motherboard is rather old.. its AM2+ socket. It will be good for you to get new motherboard like AM3+ MSI 970A-G46 also to change CPU and RAM. Get motherboard i suggested with Phenom II x4 965BE ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance ; HD7850/70. Also what is your PSU brand name?