• Nvidia
  • SLI
  • Cable
  • Crossfire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 14, 2012 12:01:48 AM

hello everyone!
with the gtx 650 out, i would love to sli these cards (being low cost and all). however, they dont have a sli connector. now, i know that 2 amd cards can crossfire without a crossfire bridge (through software crossfire). can the same be done with nvidia cards, particularly the 650?

More about : sli cable

a b Î Nvidia
September 14, 2012 12:04:17 AM

You should never SLI two midrange or low range cards.

SLI and CrossfireX are hit and miss. In some applications they just don't work, in others the scaling is all over the place, anywhere from 20% to 98%.

It is always more advisable to get one powerful card than two cheap cards.
Score
September 14, 2012 1:22:45 AM

thank you for the quick reply, but it does not answer my question at all. i know that sli is hit or miss, but i have had good luck with my dual gts 450 gpu's, they are just getting a little old (and my models unfortunately have ddr3 memory). im simply looking to replace them, either with dual 650s or dual 7750s.
Score
Related resources
September 14, 2012 1:33:02 AM

From what I have read, it's not possible to SLI the 650s in anyway, be it software or hardware. There is more research to be done than what I have done, but that is what I can tell you for now!
Score
September 17, 2012 11:20:11 PM

hey, just wondering if this is worth 2 cents, but in reading a techpowerup article, is says that " there is no sli bridge connector. all sli information is transferred through the pci express bus." does that mean its possible?
heres a link to the article. page 3 :http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_650_Power_Ed...
Score

Best solution

September 18, 2012 6:45:54 PM

TheinsanegamerN said:
hey, just wondering if this is worth 2 cents, but in reading a techpowerup article, is says that " there is no sli bridge connector. all sli information is transferred through the pci express bus." does that mean its possible?
heres a link to the article. page 3 :http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_650_Power_Ed...

It means what it says. nVIDIA has released a few cards in the past that did not need an SLI cable. Examples of these are: GeForce 8500 GT, 6600, 7300 GT/GS.
September 20, 2012 9:36:49 PM

cool. well, i guess ill but a pair of gtx 650s and try them out. thanks
Score
September 24, 2012 3:18:36 AM

Best answer selected by TheinsanegamerN.
Score
November 7, 2012 11:15:10 PM

well, finally got around to getting a pair of 650 ti's, and they run great in sli.
Score
!