Sign in with
Your question

Problems recovery windows 7 hp pavilion dv6

Last response: in Windows 7
February 20, 2012 2:07:25 PM

When i start my laptopt pavilion HP, it dose go to a blank page and whe i use try to find prolem, it sayes that your windows was damege, you need your windows CD for repaair it... whe i use F11 to recovey it ,it can not possible. whan want to instal a new windows, it can not fine any hard drive. when i take hp diagonstic, it say that yoy hard drive passed ok, .. when i call to HP center for service thay say that you need your recovery CD for repair that,.. so, I have not recovery CD ... therfore what should be do?
a b \ Driver
a c 370 $ Windows 7
a b α HP
February 20, 2012 3:00:57 PM

HP can send you a recovery CD. But if you use that it will wipe your data and settings. Don't think you can do a Repair setup using their disks.

That model looks like it should be in warranty though, call HP support and have them help you. If there is an issue with the recovery partition, they can ship you a new drive.
m
l
February 21, 2012 4:31:10 AM

Hi, Thanks but I bought my laptop from Iran and now I am in Sweden for few month. HP told me you should contact to Iran which is not possible for me. What is another way instead of recover disc?
m
l
Related resources
February 21, 2012 4:35:34 AM

HP told me you should contact to Iran for recover disc, in Scandinavian country cannot find your laptop model recovery disc; it is not possible for me. What is another way instead of recover disc?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b α HP
February 21, 2012 7:15:42 AM

Quote:
Dim your screen a little in power options, turn it down to 3/4 of its maximum brightness, its not an instant cool down but it will eventuly knock a degree or two off.

_____
Ares

Que? Think we got cross-threaded...!!
m
l
February 21, 2012 7:21:23 AM

Install the system from a standard windows cd/DVD that matches the license on the bottom of your laptop.
If it is win 7 you most likely will not even need drivers.
If you do you can get them form HP's website.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b α HP
February 21, 2012 7:27:44 AM

plasmastorm said:
Install the system from a standard windows cd/DVD that matches the license on the bottom of your laptop.
If it is win 7 you most likely will not even need drivers.
If you do you can get them form HP's website.

That's the way I would go too, it's probably Win 7 64bit, but may not be so easy to get an installation disk. At least if HP would send out a Recovery disk it would all be together. As you say, most of the drivers will be found by Win 7...
m
l
February 28, 2012 12:46:02 PM

Hi, thanks, I chenged my Hrad drive with a new one by use of waranty of HP service.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b α HP
February 28, 2012 12:57:13 PM

Good news. Was that from the 'Best to Serve ' site? Or from the HP site...
m
l
December 18, 2012 9:07:01 AM

i have a hp dv6 laptop. i also have the recovery disk sent from hp. when i put in the 1st dvd and start the laptop it stays baclk for few seconds and then start sutmatically to win7 home premium. also i have kept the dvd option in bios at the top of the list..what should i do...
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b α HP
December 18, 2012 9:25:55 AM

nikhilsasikumar28 said:
i have a hp dv6 laptop. i also have the recovery disk sent from hp. when i put in the 1st dvd and start the laptop it stays baclk for few seconds and then start sutmatically to win7 home premium. also i have kept the dvd option in bios at the top of the list..what should i do...

Hi, and welcome to Tom's. You should really ask a question in a new thread of your own instead of hijacking someone else's. Meanwhile your Manual is here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=uk...

and this should work

m
l
!