Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

3x VG278H and 2x 670 4GB SC 3D Surround not working.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 14, 2012 1:16:05 AM

I have a Computer built with 3x Asus VG278H and 2x EVGA 670 4GB SC SLI running the 306.02 beta drivers and for the life of me cannot get the 3rd 3D monitor to enable into 3D when using surround. The other two monitors enable fine but the Third doesn't want to enable. The Monitors are all connected through Dual Link DVI cables. I have tried everything from a clean install of the drivers to trying completely different SLI configuration (2x EVGA 660 Ti) running 306.02 drivers for them. The problem persists with every setup and I cannot find a solution anywhere online and was wondering if someone or one of the admins could help me with my problem. I have tried changing monitors around, changing all ports around and all the monitors work fine and will all go into 3D when they are either the left or middle monitor on the surround settings but the right monitor does not enable. I even set the monitors to (1)(3)(2) with the middle monitor(3) being the right monitor and it didn't enable. So I know it isn't my monitors, DVI cables, or Graphics cards. It has to be the drivers. Anyone else encounter this problem or have a solution? All help is Greatly Appreciated!!!
September 14, 2012 2:15:09 AM

Just realized that Nvidia released a new driver today 9/13, 306.23. Updated to that driver with a clean install and problem still persists.
m
0
l
a b C Monitor
September 14, 2012 3:38:18 AM

I'm unfamiliar with nvidia surround, as I'm currently running an eyefinity setup, but I recall reading somewhere that nvidia 3D surround required monitor connections to be dual link dvi via active displayport/dual link dvi adapters. Something to do with dvi not having enough pipelines for the higher resolutions in surround/eyefinity.
Good luck.
m
0
l
Related resources
September 14, 2012 3:01:08 PM

a little black duck said:
I'm unfamiliar with nvidia surround, as I'm currently running an eyefinity setup, but I recall reading somewhere that nvidia 3D surround required monitor connections to be dual link dvi via active displayport/dual link dvi adapters. Something to do with dvi not having enough pipelines for the higher resolutions in surround/eyefinity.
Good luck.


I do have all the monitors connected through Dual Link DVI as stated in the original posting.
m
0
l
a c 81 Î Nvidia
a c 132 C Monitor
September 14, 2012 3:10:46 PM

You could try going into the "screen resolution" properties by right clicking the desktop, then adding it as part of an extended desktop. Then go into the Nvidia control panel an adding it to your 3D surround setup. I recall another person having this problem until he added it to an extended desktop in windows.

Here is a page on Nvidia's site to make sure you follow the right directions on how they are connected. One thing of note is the center display must be connected to the card with the most monitors connected to it.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/3dvision-sur...
m
0
l
September 14, 2012 9:15:16 PM

bystander said:
You could try going into the "screen resolution" properties by right clicking the desktop, then adding it as part of an extended desktop. Then go into the Nvidia control panel an adding it to your 3D surround setup. I recall another person having this problem until he added it to an extended desktop in windows.

Here is a page on Nvidia's site to make sure you follow the right directions on how they are connected. One thing of note is the center display must be connected to the card with the most monitors connected to it.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/3dvision-sur...



Thank you for your response. I tried what you mentioned which was a great idea by the way. Never thought to go into the windows display settings, but unfortunately no luck. the right monitor still doesn't want to enable in 3D :/ 
m
0
l
September 14, 2012 9:53:25 PM

Finally solved the problem!

I changed the 1st and 2nd monitor DVI cables to the bottom most card and the 3rd monitor to the DVI port on the Upper card, which I presumed to be the Primary card because it was labled card 1 in the Nvidia control panel and the bottom card was number 2, but I was wrong and card 2 was primary and 1 was secondary.

Also the bios display on start up is shown from the monitor plugged in to the upper cards DVI-I port.

A lot of assumptions led me to this problem but alas, it is resolved. I realize that this is probably a rookie mistake but this is my first multi monitor SLI build and I have learned a lot from my mistakes.

Thank you everyone who posted, for your time and knowledge. I hope to be able to help all of you one day. Thanks again!
m
0
l
a c 81 Î Nvidia
a c 132 C Monitor
September 14, 2012 11:24:07 PM

No, I don't think that was your fault. It may be that something is wrong with the 1st card that didn't allow it to support 2 120hz monitors, according to the Nvidia site, you were fine, though it does show you can use the 2nd card for 2 of monitors as well.

Anyways, good news, and enjoy. If you want to experiment, you could swap the 1st and 2nd card and see if it works on the 1st card.
m
0
l
September 14, 2012 11:32:47 PM

bystander said:
No, I don't think that was your fault. It may be that something is wrong with the 1st card that didn't allow it to support 2 120hz monitors, according to the Nvidia site, you were fine, though it does show you can use the 2nd card for 2 of monitors as well.

Anyways, good news, and enjoy. If you want to experiment, you could swap the 1st and 2nd card and see if it works on the 1st card.


I probably will experament in the next couple days just to make sure both my cards are working properly. I also thought it was strange the it didn't run the way it was setup before cause as you said on the nvidia site, which is what I followed it shows that you can have them setup either way. Strange.

But for now it's time to enjoy some 3D surround gaming :D  !

Thank you for your response
m
0
l
September 17, 2012 11:44:22 PM

So here is my final build! Let me know what you all think!








Components:
CPU: Intel i7 2700k Sandy Bridge
Cooling: Corsair H60
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 WS Revolution
Monitors: 3x Asus VG278H 3D monitors
Graphics: 2x EVGA 670 4GB SC SLI
RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1666mhz
PSU: Corsair TX850
Case: Corsair 600T
SSD: 256GB Samsung 830
HDD: 3x 1TB HDD
Optical: LG Bluray Burner
Keyboard: Luxeed U7
OS: Windows 7 64 bit

No overclock just yet, but maybe in the future I will
m
0
l
!