Nokia 3595 and Voice commands - help?

Last response: in Brands
December 1, 2004 1:40:25 PM

I have a 3595 by Nokia. There is an option for Voice Commands
(below), but what I am not clear about is what they are used for?

Would I be able to say to my phone: Open text messages and have that
page show up?

The instructions make it sound like I have voice commands for the
'battery bar'.

How do you use voice commands - does someone have an example?

What I want to do is beable to use a voice command to switch profiles
- from normal to silent and vice versa. Can I do this?

Thanks,

Tmuld

• USE VOICE COMMANDS
The voice command feature allows access to handsfree operation for
certain phone
functions. Voice commands work similar to voice dialing. Before using
voice
commands, you must first associate a voice tag to the phone function
you want to use.
Add a voice tag for a command
1 Press Menu 9-3 (Extras > Voice commands).
Audible alerts appears.
2 Press Select and scroll to the following function you want to tag:
Audible signal bar
Audible battery bar
3 Press Options, then select Add command.
4 Press Start, then speak the voice tag clearly into the microphone.
Note: A message will appear if the voice command is either too short
or
long. You are given the option to try again.
Caution: Do not press Quit unless you want to cancel the recording.
The phone replays and then saves the recorded tag. The icon appears
next
to commands which have voice tags assigned.
December 1, 2004 9:57:01 PM

In the 6230 there's a list of things you can "Voice Command". When you
press whatever it is in te menu...Profiles for instance...it records yr
voice saying whatever word you want tuse to open up PROFILES. You could say
KISS MY ARSE...whatever you want..and it would recognise it as the PROFILES
vcoice command and open the PROFILES menu...if that makes sense!!
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 4:54:45 AM

Apparently the 3595 supports only two commands (other than naming
Contacts) in the address book) for Voice Tagging: signal strength bar
and battery strength bar. Follow the procedure below and assign voice
tages (I used the words "signal" and "battery"). When done, you press
and hold the Contacts button until the phone beeps (the screen reads
"Please speak now"). When you say a word the phone recognizes, it
will respond with audio sound corresponding to battery or signal
strength. Real fun stuff, huh?

IMHO, voice tagging on this phone is best used to identify people by
name so you can "dial" them by pressing just one button (Contacts).

I haven't found any other use for the feature.

/lac/

On 1 Dec 2004 10:40:25 -0800, tmuldoon@spliced.com (Tavish Muldoon)
wrote:

>I have a 3595 by Nokia. There is an option for Voice Commands
>(below), but what I am not clear about is what they are used for?
>
>Would I be able to say to my phone: Open text messages and have that
>page show up?
>
>The instructions make it sound like I have voice commands for the
>'battery bar'.
>
>How do you use voice commands - does someone have an example?
>
>What I want to do is beable to use a voice command to switch profiles
>- from normal to silent and vice versa. Can I do this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tmuld
>
>• USE VOICE COMMANDS
>The voice command feature allows access to handsfree operation for
>certain phone
>functions. Voice commands work similar to voice dialing. Before using
>voice
>commands, you must first associate a voice tag to the phone function
>you want to use.
>Add a voice tag for a command
>1 Press Menu 9-3 (Extras > Voice commands).
>Audible alerts appears.
>2 Press Select and scroll to the following function you want to tag:
>Audible signal bar
>Audible battery bar
>3 Press Options, then select Add command.
>4 Press Start, then speak the voice tag clearly into the microphone.
>Note: A message will appear if the voice command is either too short
>or
>long. You are given the option to try again.
>Caution: Do not press Quit unless you want to cancel the recording.
>The phone replays and then saves the recorded tag. The icon appears
>next
>to commands which have voice tags assigned.
December 2, 2004 11:44:01 AM

Thanks for the info.

But sadly on this phone - the only place Voice Command is listed is
for Audible Battery Bar and Audible Signal Bar.

Now why you would ever want a voice command there escapes me.

There is no option for Voice Commands on profiles.

Nice and useless.

Tmuld.

"Ade" <adeevansSPAMTRAP@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<1uord.150$dT.19@newsfe6-win.ntli.net>...
> In the 6230 there's a list of things you can "Voice Command". When you
> press whatever it is in te menu...Profiles for instance...it records yr
> voice saying whatever word you want tuse to open up PROFILES. You could say
> KISS MY ARSE...whatever you want..and it would recognise it as the PROFILES
> vcoice command and open the PROFILES menu...if that makes sense!!
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 11:18:05 AM

The voice command feature on the 3595. You can program with your voice say
4 example someone's name
under their name area in the phonebook settings area.

But you can't use the feature until u hook up a headset to the phone.

This activates the voice comand area so you can use it. Just say the
person's name you programed earlier
and the phone automaticly dials the number for you.

This is helpful when your driving you don't have to punch all the sets in &
your eyes are able
to stay on the road.

Gadgetgirl

!