Would a 7770 go with these specs?

Alright so I know a thing or two about hardware but I am unsure of this. I was wondering if an AMD Radeon HD 7770 would go with these specs so here they are.

Motherboard - Asus P5KPL-cm
Ram- Kingston DVR800D2N5/2G DDR2 SDRAM
CPU- Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 @ 2.40GHZ

Alright so I'm planning to upgrade to a 7770 from a 9600 GT with this new power supply
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276567&sku=ULT-LSP750
And then there is the 7770
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2060886&sku=P450-7772

I'm just asking for advice on weather or not this would be a viable upgrade due to my worrying that the CPU might possibly bottleneck the Graphics card and as for the RAM as well. This may seem like an ancient build but it still runs pretty fast for comparison to other computers out there now a days.
6 answers Last reply
More about would 7770 specs
  1. kodster8912 said:
    Alright so I know a thing or two about hardware but I am unsure of this. I was wondering if an AMD Radeon HD 7770 would go with these specs so here they are.

    Motherboard - Asus P5KPL-cm
    Ram- Kingston DVR800D2N5/2G DDR2 SDRAM
    CPU- Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 @ 2.40GHZ

    Alright so I'm planning to upgrade to a 7770 from a 9600 GT with this new power supply
    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276567&sku=ULT-LSP750
    And then there is the 7770
    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2060886&sku=P450-7772

    I'm just asking for advice on weather or not this would be a viable upgrade due to my worrying that the CPU might possibly bottleneck the Graphics card and as for the RAM as well. This may seem like an ancient build but it still runs pretty fast for comparison to other computers out there now a days.


    You won't have a bottleneck just make sure to overclock your cpu to at least 3 ghz!

    Don't get that unbranded PSU, get this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027&Tpk=corsair%20500%20watt%20watt
  2. maxh22 said:
    You won't have a bottleneck just make sure to overclock your cpu to at least 3 ghz!

    Don't get that unbranded PSU, get this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027&Tpk=corsair%20500%20watt%20watt


    Thanks I'm not so sure about overclocking the cpu though what benefits would it bring?
  3. kodster8912 said:
    Thanks I'm not so sure about overclocking the cpu though what benefits would it bring?


    it would bring higher and more consistent frame rates.
  4. maxh22 said:
    it would bring higher and more consistent frame rates.


    What CPU fan would you recommend for overclocking this CPU?
  5. kodster8912 said:
    What CPU fan would you recommend for overclocking this CPU?


    Cooler master hyper 212 evo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

    It's a great cooler and keep's the temperatures low, I have it myself !
  6. Just an advise, before try to O.C. read/watch lots of guide....

    There a risk of frying the computer when O.C.....

    last, repetitive small step is better than one giant step....
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Product