danbur2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
Hi,

I have been playing CS:GO and yesterday i started having an issue where about every 2-4 minutes the game locks up and freeze frames. I get the error message that "display driver has stopped working and has successfully recovered" and after that the game continues. The freeze lasts for about 30 seconds typically.

The game had been working great for over 20 hours of game play and i am suddenly getting this issue. i haven't made any changes to my system and it happened all of a sudden.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game,uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for my cards, and have used HWinfo and know it isnt an issue with the card overheating. Does anyone know what could be causing this? any help is very appreciated!

I think the card is still under warranty, i am wondering if i just have defective card or if there is something i can do to fix this.

Specs:

Core 2 Quad Q6600
G.Skill 4GB
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
amd radeon hd 6800

Thanks!

johnnyrockets

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
had the same problem with my 5850, i ended up turning off "enable graphics overdrive" in the performance tab of the CCC and it fixed my problem, i also re-installed the driver first perhaps that a lone did it im not fully sure.