Sign in with
Your question

Opinions on Upgrading

Last response: in Systems
November 10, 2012 10:25:33 AM

Almost two years ago, I built my first PC by myself. Last year, I added an SSD to speed it up tremendously and some RAM. This year I'm wondering what I can do to best update it. I like the idea of continuously updating instead of all at once, because that was fairly challenging on the wallet. Let me give you a run down on what I have:

CPU: Phenom II 955 Black Edition
HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM WD Blue, 160 GB Dell?
SSD: Vertex3 120GB
Mobo: Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB DDR3
PSU: Corsair TX650W
GFX: XFX Radeon 6870
Case: White/Black NZXT Phantom
Monitor: 24.1" LED Asus (1920x1080), 21" Dell LCD (720p)
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Edition
Mouse: Steelseries MMO Gaming Mouse
Headset: Logitech G35

Mostly, I'm just looking to keeping up with the progression of keeping the computer relevant/able to play the newest games. I don't buy games very often, but when I do I like to play them well. My budget is in the neighborhood of $250 for updates this holiday season, in case anyone is wondering. So what do you recommend? (If this is in the wrong forum, let me know)

More about : opinions upgrading

a b B Homebuilt system
November 10, 2012 10:50:09 AM

I don't recommend any upgrades at your budget level. You'd be better off getting a new low end laptop if you don't have one for playing games away from your desktop. Walmart and best buy should have at least one in this price range on black friday.
m
l
November 12, 2012 11:57:05 AM

If my budget were slightly higher, 300-350, would it make sense then? I don't want to invest in a laptop at this time.
m
l
!