Solved

First time build problems and diagnostics.

After a while trying to boot my new system up for the first time.

I got the one long beep and then 4 short beeps after changing the RAM positions.
But i can see that the RAM is fully recognized in the BIOS.

Can the RAM be defect and still recognized?
Or , is it something else?
Also as long as the system got to the BIOS means that there is not problems with the CPU ,right?

The screen i have is Samsung S27A750D connected to the graphics cards through the HDMI cable , and the bios looks weird with glitchy screen, and i can't see it all.

edit :
Connecting through the Display-port now i can see all of the screen with no problems.

I am having A0 debug LED with 1 long beep and 4 short beeps.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about first time build problems diagnostics
  1. Try each memory stick individually and individually in different memory slots.
  2. blazorthon said:
    Try each memory stick individually and individually in different memory slots.

RAM is recognized full capacity in windows 8 and in bios.
    Oh , did i forget to mention.
    They are an 8 dimm kit , so...
  3. Being recognized doesn't mean that there isn't a faulty stick that gets masked by the working sticks and/or a faulty slot that gets masked by the working slots. It's possible that you have one or more faulty memory modules and/or slots and if you want to troubleshoot the problem, you may want to test the memory properly.
  4. blazorthon said:
    Being recognized doesn't mean that there isn't a faulty stick that gets masked by the working sticks and/or a faulty slot that gets masked by the working slots. It's possible that you have one or more faulty memory modules and/or slots and if you want to troubleshoot the problem, you may want to test the memory properly.

Ok , going to run memtest86
    Memtest86 Download
    ok , memtest starts but stops after less than one second.
    Going to try each ram alone.
  5. I booted , got a cpu fan error and 1 long beep and then 4 short beeps.
    Then , i ran the memtest86 the memtest passed with zero errors for that stick , then i had to go to college , and i just came back.
    In the way back i asked the resellers and he asked me where i have connected the fan connector , and it turned out that it was connected in the CPU opt connector , which cause the error and the beep , i did connect it to the right one , and finally no beeping , i will start stability testing soon.

Your help is appreciated though.
  6. The problem is connected the fan 3-pin connector to an optional fan motherboard fan connector.
    The solution is connect the fan 3-pin connector to the main motherboard fan header controller.

Noteworthy , i was able to proceed to windows even when i hear the beeping.

Someone copy that to choose as best answer and solve this issue , thank you.
  7. Best answer
    I booted , got a cpu fan error and 1 long beep and then 4 short beeps.
    Then , i ran the memtest86 the memtest passed with zero errors for that stick , then i had to go to college , and i just came back.
    In the way back i asked the resellers and he asked me where i have connected the fan connector , and it turned out that it was connected in the CPU opt connector , which cause the error and the beep , i did connect it to the right one , and finally no beeping , i will start stability testing soon.

Your help is appreciated though.

The problem is connected the fan 3-pin connector to an optional fan motherboard fan connector.
    The solution is connect the fan 3-pin connector to the main motherboard fan header controller.

Noteworthy , i was able to proceed to windows even when i hear the beeping.

Someone copy that to choose as best answer and solve this issue , thank you.

Sorry, I never thought of that being the issue :(
  8. Best answer selected by Dropz.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build BIOS RAM Systems