Sign in with
Your question
Solved

First time build problems and diagnostics.

Last response: in Systems
November 10, 2012 3:39:07 PM

After a while trying to boot my new system up for the first time.

I got the one long beep and then 4 short beeps after changing the RAM positions.
But i can see that the RAM is fully recognized in the BIOS.

Can the RAM be defect and still recognized?
Or , is it something else?
Also as long as the system got to the BIOS means that there is not problems with the CPU ,right?

The screen i have is Samsung S27A750D connected to the graphics cards through the HDMI cable , and the bios looks weird with glitchy screen, and i can't see it all.

edit :
Connecting through the Display-port now i can see all of the screen with no problems.

I am having A0 debug LED with 1 long beep and 4 short beeps.
November 10, 2012 8:49:28 PM

Try each memory stick individually and individually in different memory slots.
m
l
November 10, 2012 9:06:54 PM

blazorthon said:
Try each memory stick individually and individually in different memory slots.

RAM is recognized full capacity in windows 8 and in bios.
Oh , did i forget to mention.
They are an 8 dimm kit , so...
m
l
Related resources
November 10, 2012 9:26:53 PM

Being recognized doesn't mean that there isn't a faulty stick that gets masked by the working sticks and/or a faulty slot that gets masked by the working slots. It's possible that you have one or more faulty memory modules and/or slots and if you want to troubleshoot the problem, you may want to test the memory properly.
m
l
November 11, 2012 4:00:34 AM

blazorthon said:
Being recognized doesn't mean that there isn't a faulty stick that gets masked by the working sticks and/or a faulty slot that gets masked by the working slots. It's possible that you have one or more faulty memory modules and/or slots and if you want to troubleshoot the problem, you may want to test the memory properly.

Ok , going to run memtest86
Memtest86 Download
ok , memtest starts but stops after less than one second.
Going to try each ram alone.
m
l
November 11, 2012 7:51:24 PM

I booted , got a cpu fan error and 1 long beep and then 4 short beeps.
Then , i ran the memtest86 the memtest passed with zero errors for that stick , then i had to go to college , and i just came back.
In the way back i asked the resellers and he asked me where i have connected the fan connector , and it turned out that it was connected in the CPU opt connector , which cause the error and the beep , i did connect it to the right one , and finally no beeping , i will start stability testing soon.

Your help is appreciated though.
m
l
November 11, 2012 7:54:34 PM

The problem is connected the fan 3-pin connector to an optional fan motherboard fan connector.
The solution is connect the fan 3-pin connector to the main motherboard fan header controller.

Noteworthy , i was able to proceed to windows even when i hear the beeping.

Someone copy that to choose as best answer and solve this issue , thank you.
m
l

Best solution

November 12, 2012 12:00:36 AM

I booted , got a cpu fan error and 1 long beep and then 4 short beeps.
Then , i ran the memtest86 the memtest passed with zero errors for that stick , then i had to go to college , and i just came back.
In the way back i asked the resellers and he asked me where i have connected the fan connector , and it turned out that it was connected in the CPU opt connector , which cause the error and the beep , i did connect it to the right one , and finally no beeping , i will start stability testing soon.

Your help is appreciated though.

The problem is connected the fan 3-pin connector to an optional fan motherboard fan connector.
The solution is connect the fan 3-pin connector to the main motherboard fan header controller.

Noteworthy , i was able to proceed to windows even when i hear the beeping.

Someone copy that to choose as best answer and solve this issue , thank you.

Sorry, I never thought of that being the issue :( 
November 12, 2012 11:27:24 AM

Best answer selected by Dropz.
m
l
!