Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Hey guys, here are my computer specs:

i7920
6gb ddr3
windows 7
250gb hdd
1920x1080p monitor

I am going to be purchasing Guild Wars 2 soon and it would be nice to be able to max out the settings. I see some 4890s on Ebay for around $30, which is ridiculously cheap compared to what I payed originally. I do no care about dx11 at the current moment and I believe GW2 does not even support it. Do you think I will be able to max out GW2 with 4890 in crossfire or should I save up for a better, newer single card? Also, is the Xfire bridge worth it? I cannot find mine so I will have to buy another one. Does it result in improved Xfire performance?

Thanks.

stant1rm

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
The 4890 is CFX is a decent performer, and if you find one cheap ($40-$50) it's not a bad upgrade. You absolutely need the Xfire bridge if you're buying a second card. Be warned thought that 2 4890's will be loud, hot and suck power.

However, as spenshells as pointed out, you're probably best off buying a good new high end card honestly. If you got a HD 7870 you'd probably fall in love with it, it will max out most games I can think of at 1080P, especially GW2. It will also sip power in comparison to the 4890.

Embra

Distinguished

^I agree ...You could just see how the 4890 does with the game. Save your money for a new gpu.

according to the requirements I don't know why you can't max them out now. having said that, if you are having problems it would be the main architecture of the card. Getting another may not solve your problems. Perhaps a reasonable upgrade would be in order.

I think those cards came with 512 and 1gig of video memory. At that res neither may be efficient and adding another on cross fire won't double it. It will still be what it was. But again, checking the requirements makes me wonder why you even posted this questions.