chellebubblz

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
What is the absolute cheapest card I can upgrade to?

My current specs are:
i5 750 2.67ghz
nvidia GTS 450
Antec 650w power supply
4gb RAM

I'm browsing online to upgrade RAM also to either 6gb or 8gb depends what kinda prices I can find.

All I really want out of the card is to be able to play WoW at Ultra when the expansion comes out. I use to be able to a year or 2 ago, but with all the updates and patches content, I can only get around 30fps on Ultra now. So yea I CAN play at Ultra but I'd like to be able to do so at 60fps. I get 60fps on 2 settings below Ultra now, forget what that is, maybe "good". I don't need the BEST card, this is the only game I play.

Not sure if it matters but I play on a 1920x1080 screen res.

chellebubblz

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Actually I guess I'm not as bad off as I thought, I'm getting 50fps on Ultra with everything maxed. Is it bad that I want to have 60? My fps does go down in raids and stuff, so I would like to improve that. I know that WoW is more CPU and RAM intensive than GPU. So is it possible I would see an increase if I upgraded that instead?

If I do need a GPU update, what about the GTX 470? I can get a pretty good deal on a used one right now. I really don't need a high end card, that would be a huge waste for me.

chellebubblz

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I was looking into that and many have advised against it because of my board. I don't want to break my system lol :)

Edit: Turns out the GPU had a driver update yesterday, and a big part of the update was for the WoW expansion, which is why I'm even trying to get my PC in tip top shape :D We'll see how she performs after the install..