Sign in with
Your question

Windows wont boot up after bios/cmos reset. Help!

Last response: in Windows 7
February 20, 2012 3:34:15 PM

Okay so i recently bought a new desktop computer and i left it on over the night and in the morning it was frozen, so i popped out the battery and waited 5 min and then i put it back. Now when i start it up either i get the white and black screen with 2 options, to start windows normally or to run system repair, it fails with repairing and restoring. And sometimes when i start it the windows 7 thingie with the like 4 orbs who create the flag just freezes and a blue screen with white text comes up for 1 sec and then it reboots and i get to the black and white screen with those options that i mentioned before. Sorry for my english, its not my main language.
February 20, 2012 3:39:00 PM

Oh and and i have a msi mainboard and a geforce gtx 560 grapics card
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 20, 2012 4:16:10 PM

what is your hard drive mode set to ACHI, IDE ? try switching that.
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2012 4:23:28 PM

Ok did you make any major hardware changes recently. I haven't had a screen like yours since i switched out my mobo with my old copy of windows and tried to still use that copy. Yea it didnt work still i went back to old parts
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 20, 2012 4:59:29 PM

to turn off windows auto repoot at bsod. press f8 repeatedly at power on, wait for the splash screen and you should then get a boot menu. in there you will see turn off auto restart on error (or a similar worded option). this will allow you to view your bsod..
post the error text and error 0x000000 number.
m
l
February 20, 2012 5:37:07 PM

anonymous1 said:
what is your hard drive mode set to ACHI, IDE ? try switching that.

cant find that option :/ 
m
l
February 20, 2012 5:41:18 PM

Rockdpm said:
Ok did you make any major hardware changes recently. I haven't had a screen like yours since i switched out my mobo with my old copy of windows and tried to still use that copy. Yea it didnt work still i went back to old parts

Uhm... I sent it back to the manufacturer (spelling?) and they changed the RAM and the hard drive to fresh ones. And i got it back like 3 days ago and the same day as i got it i left it on over the night. and it froze and blah blah blah. ;) 
m
l
February 20, 2012 5:43:36 PM

HEXiT said:
to turn off windows auto repoot at bsod. press f8 repeatedly at power on, wait for the splash screen and you should then get a boot menu. in there you will see turn off auto restart on error (or a similar worded option). this will allow you to view your bsod..

Thanks, ill try that.
m
l
February 20, 2012 5:57:17 PM

HEXiT said:

nothing happens when i press f8, cant find any option like that in my bsod. Anything else?
m
l
!