Sign in with
Your question

Help Needed - 4 x DVI-D (2560x1600) on one card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 14, 2012 2:02:20 PM

Hey everyone,

I've been searching for a card that can support 4 displays at 2560x1600 @ 60Hz but with no success.

Does anyone here know of such a card?

The final goal is to display 6 displays at 2560x1600 @ 60Hz on one computer. The current setup already has 2 cards each supporting 2 displays, but the mother board only has 2 PCIe slots. So I guess my choices are either to find a card that can support 4 displays or build a new computer with a motherboard that has 3 PCIe slots.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 14, 2012 4:43:56 PM

Matrox is the only company I have ever known that builds cards for 4+ monitors. If they don't have something you can use, then odds are there's no one out there who sells to individual consumers who does.

However, if you don't need gaming performance, you could also consider PCI cards. They will certainly be adequate for your basic desktop kind of work.
m
l
September 14, 2012 5:05:55 PM

Don't know for sure, but check out the cards with 6 Mini DisplayPort ports, like some Radeon HD 7870 cards. You might need to buy some adapters though, and the dual-link DVI ones aren't cheap.
m
l
Related resources
a c 222 U Graphics card
a c 217 V Motherboard
September 14, 2012 6:17:27 PM

AMD Eyefinity GPUs can support up to 6 displays. What is the budget for consideration? Also, what make/model of displays are being used?
m
l
September 14, 2012 8:42:00 PM

cl-scott, I've briefly browsed through Matrox's website. The only cards that support 4+ monitors can't do 2560x1600, they can only do 4 Single Link DVI-D. This set up is only for normal office tasks, so gaming performance is not needed. I'll look into PCI cards as well. Thanks!

TidalWaveOne, you're right, there are some cards that output 6 Mini DisplayPort ports. And yeah, the dual-link DVI adaptors are $99 each on NewEgg. Yikes! But thanks for the suggestion!

COLGeek, ideal budget would be < $300. The displays are the Dell 3007wfp-hc. I figure if the cost of the card is going to be higher, then it might make more sense for me to build a computer with a motherboard that has 3 PCIe slots, then I can get 3 $50 graphics cards that can handle 2 displays each. And then I can free up the existing computer for something else.
m
l
September 14, 2012 9:13:46 PM

Found a $60+shipping PCI card that would support one display and the current computer has 2 PCI slots available. Looks like that will be the solution. Thanks cl-scott!
m
l
!