Sign in with
Your question

Pre-Build Gaming Computer

Last response: in Systems
November 10, 2012 6:30:34 PM

Please DON'T say anything about me building one please because i'm not going to build one. I'm looking for a gaming computer ranging from 800-1,200 dollars. Please make it a gaming computer, i play MM3, black ops, skyrim. Thanks!
a b 4 Gaming
November 10, 2012 8:38:27 PM

^Overpriced a little, but better than a lot of prebuilts.

Just keep one thing in mind... with a prebuilt you're saving one hour of time building a computer in trade for about a 40% price bump. (Which equates to 40% worse performance than an assembled computer.)
m
l
Related resources
November 10, 2012 9:42:43 PM

DarkSable said:
^Overpriced a little, but better than a lot of prebuilts.

Just keep one thing in mind... with a prebuilt you're saving one hour of time building a computer in trade for about a 40% price bump. (Which equates to 40% worse performance than an assembled computer.)

I don't mind paying extra, the only thing i'm worried about is actually the warranty. I would build my own computer if it wasn't for the warranty... Also i've herd very different views on IBUYPOWER and CYBERPOWER what would you say?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 10, 2012 9:44:22 PM

ThomasAndrews23 said:
I don't mind paying extra, the only thing i'm worried about is actually the warranty. I would build my own computer if it wasn't for the warranty... Also i've herd very different views on IBUYPOWER and CYBERPOWER what would you say?

You get warranties when you build your own, you simply get them on each individual component instead of the entire machine as a whole. It's both a blessing and a curse because if one component fails, you don't have to replace the entire system, but you also have more warranties to keep track of and they may or may not have varying duration.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 10, 2012 9:56:35 PM

ThomasAndrews23 said:

Like blazor said, you actually can get better warranties (5 years on a WD black hard drive) on parts. They also don't fail as often as they used to - they either arrive DOA, in which case you RMA them, or they last longer than their obsolescence date.

I personally highly dislike both those companies - their computers are overpriced and unbalanced, drawing in people who don't know parts. If you want a good prebuilt, go with a Falcon.
m
l
November 10, 2012 9:57:37 PM

blazorthon said:
You get warranties when you build your own, you simply get them on each individual component instead of the entire machine as a whole. It's both a blessing and a curse because if one component fails, you don't have to replace the entire system, but you also have more warranties to keep track of and they may or may not have varying duration.

O.o may sound stupid.. But i didn't know about that . Would you recommend me a system i could build myself for about 1,100 dollars? Thanks!
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 10, 2012 10:03:45 PM

I would HIGHLY recommend that - you'll get WAY better performance for your money.

If noone else puts together a rig for you, I will once I get off work. (I advise you wait and see a couple people's views, though. Some things we agree on, lots we don't.)
m
l
November 10, 2012 10:19:46 PM

DarkSable said:
I would HIGHLY recommend that - you'll get WAY better performance for your money.

If noone else puts together a rig for you, I will once I get off work. (I advise you wait and see a couple people's views, though. Some things we agree on, lots we don't.)

Alright, Could you make me one once your out of work please? I'll ask a couple other people to make me one and compare and just see how it goes please anmd thank you?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 10, 2012 10:40:01 PM

^That looks good except for three things:

1) You forgot to edit your link

2) Rosewill makes iffy power supplies - I'd change that to a 600w of a known brand.

3) What's up with that cooler? A Hyper 212 EVO will do way better.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 10, 2012 10:49:03 PM

DarkSable said:
^That looks good except for three things:

1) You forgot to edit your link

2) Rosewill makes iffy power supplies - I'd change that to a 600w of a known brand.

3) What's up with that cooler? A Hyper 212 EVO will do way better.

1) Fixed.

2) RoseWill Capstone is among the top quality families. Some of Rosewill's models aren't good, but Capstone is great.

3) It was supposed to be the optima which is better than the Evo. I mis-clicked and that crappy model was right next to the optima. It's fixed now.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 10, 2012 10:57:18 PM

Bottom link is still broken. :p 

Okay. I try to avoid Rosewill, typically, but if you vouch for it...

Ahh, gotcha, that makes more sense.

m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 10, 2012 11:00:45 PM

Okay, now that annoying link is fixed. Pricing was also fixed to meet the $1100 mark.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 10, 2012 11:09:53 PM

That looks good to me.

He doesn't need a monitor or windows, right?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 10, 2012 11:11:04 PM

Well, I don't think that OP has said anything about needing a monitor nor Windows, although now that I think about it, OP probably does need Windows...
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 10, 2012 11:15:55 PM

Wellll... he doesn't NEED it, he could... run linux. XP

We should proly know what his monitor is, though. If it's crazy low resolution, it should get an update.
m
l
!