mitch_80

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Hello, I'm trying to set up my home theater to play 3d games off my computer.. Do I require special drivers or software? I'm running win 7 with a nvida GeForce 260gtx maxcore vid card.

Benq projector with an optima 3dxl converter and optima dlp link glasses.
I've been able to 3d game on my 360 and watch movies in 3d using stereoscopic player but my goal is to be able to game off my pc in 3d..

If I could play NSF most wanted in 3d with my momo force feedback wheel I'd be happy as a pig in poop! But I'd be happy to play anything :)

Most forums discuss gaming off pc with nvidea 3d vision but I don't have that setup.. Any advice is apreciated

mitch_80

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Ok so I've tried iz3d trial and no 3d.. The only game I have on the pc is nfs most wanted
And when I load the game iz3d setup starts but the "monster pic" it dismays isn't in stereo/3d.. I've tried shutter, side by side ect settings and it won't display in 3d

But in the settings where I can test the 3d with the monser pic does show in 3d
I've even tried bypassing the optoma 3dxl and no go.. I also tried changing the resolution in the game to 720 but there's no such resolution.

Next I downloded TRIDEF to give it a try and see if I'd get better Ursula's but after the instalation the program says 14day trial has ended...lol

Am I missing something? Could I need a different hdmi cable? I'm not sure what my current wire is but I can watch movies with stereoscopic player and it's great!!

I read through that thread, but it turns out that is not what he is looking for. Basically, it's a conversation of someone telling everyone he got 3D to work on a normal monitor. What he was not aware of, is that he was using the old red/cyan style 3D, which is pretty much bottom of the barrel as far as 3D goes. I'm pretty sure what the OP wants to do is use 3D on a 3Dtv or 3D projector, which uses different technology than 3D Vision, though fairly similar.

Take a look here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-overview.html

That should allow you to use your home 3D system with Nvidia.

Edit: on the list of compatible graphics cards, the gtx260 was listed as compatible, but not recommended.

mitch_80

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012

Hello again.. I am using a projector

The computer outputs to the optoma 3dxl so i can view different types of 3d signals.. Side by side, top and bottom ect..and than to my projector..
As for the vid card it works perfect when playing movies in 3d and Xbox cod black ops..

As far as nvidea 3d vision and software.. I'd like to avoid it as I've already got a working 3d setup with glasses. The 3dtv driver software would require me to have the "receiver" from the kit connected just so I can use the software!! And u can't just buy the receiver seperatly.. U would need to buy the kit $200 and would need to be ordered 1 to 2 weeks..

mitch_80

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012

I have optoma zr201 & zr202 dlp link active shutter glasses..

The projector has 2 options for 3d which include top and bottom and frame sequential.. I always have it on frame sequential

The optoma 3dxl converter can convert other signals so my projector can understand the signal being sent.. Eg: side by side

Is there any other software like iz3d the might work for me? Besides TRIDEF and 3dtv play
Obviously I'm not gonna buy TRIDEF as I can't test it.. Ive only installed it once to test the demo and it said my trial had ended!

And as I said before 3dtv requires that emmiter that I don't have.. And don't really wanna buy..

Il try it again tonight and see if I can get something going..

mitch_80

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012

Yes the projector has the dlp link "emmiter" but what I'm saying is that with the 3dtv play "nvidea 3d vision" software u need that specific emmiter that comes with the kit.

That why it's a useless purchase for me.. My glasses will still connect via the projector but the nvidea emmiter must be connected to the computer it self to set up the 3dtv play.

I see what u were thinking and it makes totall scence!!
But when I try to do the 3d setup in my computer and setup 3d vision it has 3 options that all require the nvidia emmiter.. And the reason is that that emmiter connects to the USB and without it I can't continue the setup.. Even if I had the emmiter my glasses would still sync to the projector.. This is why it's a pain! I'd need to buy an emmiter I don't need just to install the software..

Now I could be wrong and have miss understood but I'm almost certain..

Ps: I really apreciate the help and comments.. Pls dont give up on me now!!

The 3Dtv play software is specifically made for non-3D Vision systems. For 3Dtv's and projectors. The software on the page I linked mentioned it has a 14 day trial. You should try it.

Edit: I see what you see on the #3 list of requirements. Hmm. You should still try it as it's free, but maybe it would require the emitter from their 3d vision.

I'm not sure what you are going to be required to have for it to work. I'd still try the software, as it does have a free trial period. As someone with an 3D Vision setup, I can tell you that it does not work through HDMI, even though HDMI works on my AMD cards. The emitter syncs through DVI specifically in normal 3D Vision. 3Dtv Play may allow it to work. I've never tried it.

mitch_80

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012

Ahh ok.. I thought 3dtv play was the specific software for nividea 3d vision.
That software is already included in my vid card settings, and on that page it says download 3dtv play.. So it's now installed but I think my problem might be the 3dxl converter box so I've tried to bypass it by directly connecting the computer hdmi straight to the projector but the computer doesn't seem to wanna detect the projector.. VGA detects right away but says analog display..

Any way I might pick up a new hdmi wire today because I only have one long enough to reach the projector!! My other wire is only 3ft and I'm sure I've had it connected directly befor and in the display menu it said the projector brand and model!

Anyway thx again and il keep posted

TRENDING THREADS