lady of fate's son

in "end of empire" or whatever, the final wraith book, it pretty much says that
the lady of fate has a son who is a vampire, probably an antediluvian as he is
over 10,000 years old. Did they ever say who that vampire was?

Jalaroc wrote:

> in "end of empire" or whatever, the final wraith book, it pretty much says that
> the lady of fate has a son who is a vampire, probably an antediluvian as he is
> over 10,000 years old. Did they ever say who that vampire was?

The Lady of Fate is Eve.
--
Stephenls
Geek

jalaroc@aol.com (Jalaroc) wrote in message news:<20040720152939.04424.00000096@mb-m24.aol.com>...
> in "end of empire" or whatever, the final wraith book, it pretty much says that
> the lady of fate has a son who is a vampire, probably an antediluvian as he is
> over 10,000 years old. Did they ever say who that vampire was?

Caine. Heavily implied, at least...

Interestingly, Demon: Houses of the Fallen also strongly hints that
the Lady of Fate, Eve, was present during the original creation of the
Underworld and watched as Charon, leader of the rebel Slayers, was
taken away. Given that she apparently found and named Charon, I guess
we know where she got her inspiration from!^^ That's not even
mentioning stuff like Nhurdri...

As for her other sons...

Abel shows up in one of the possible endings of Gehenna, as presumably
the First Wraith (who knows where he's been up till now, tho...Maybe
he was originally intended to be Charon?), where he may or may not
settle things with his brother once and for all. As for his younger
brother, frankly I'm a little surprised that WW never used Seth for
anything...And we never were told what happened to Adam. Probably he
and Seth just Transcended upon death...Or maybe they became
Charon...^^

(yeah, I know Charon was, in the end, meant to be a nobody, but I'm
just tossing out some more exciting possibilities, is all^^)

For *real* fun, try debating whether Wraith's Deathlords have any
relation to Exalted's Deathlords. Sure, both are lords of the dead,
what else are they gonna call themselves? But then again, certain
parts ofthe setting (like Stygia) seem a bit TOO coincidental...^__^

Dex

"Stephenls" <stephenls@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Jalaroc wrote:
>
> > in "end of empire" or whatever, the final wraith book, it pretty much
says that
> > the lady of fate has a son who is a vampire, probably an antediluvian as
he is
> > over 10,000 years old. Did they ever say who that vampire was?
>
> The Lady of Fate is Eve.

Is that from 1st "it's all connected" Edition? What book exactly, oh World
Archive of Wod1? ;)

--
Gieljan
<remove BZZ to reply>

God tells us in the book of Genesis, right after Noah's Flood, to eat
everything under the sun. Those who ignore his instructions are no better
than godless heathens.
-- Jeffrey Steingarten, "The man who ate everything"

Gieljan de Vries wrote:

> Is that from 1st "it's all connected" Edition? What book exactly, oh World
> Archive of Wod1? ;)

I keep my Wraith references in my other brain; you'll have to ask
Richard. I believe it's stated outright at some point in Ends of
Empire, though.
--

Hand-of-Omega wrote:

> For *real* fun, try debating whether Wraith's Deathlords have any
> relation to Exalted's Deathlords. Sure, both are lords of the dead,
> what else are they gonna call themselves? But then again, certain
> parts ofthe setting (like Stygia) seem a bit TOO coincidental...^__^

No, no. Read Abyssals. Specifically, the First and Forsaken Lion. With
his background (and that name), he's *totally* Caine.

Or not. ;)

--
_______________
Ian A. A. Watson

Jalaroc wrote:

> in "end of empire" or whatever, the final wraith book, it pretty much says that
> the lady of fate has a son who is a vampire, probably an antediluvian as he is
> over 10,000 years old. Did they ever say who that vampire was?

No, not by name. But there are clues in EoE (and other Wraith books
too, iirc) and they strongly add up to the Lady of Fate being Eve, which
would make Caine her vampire son. If Vampire mythology is true then
Christian creationism is pretty much true, and I believe the religious
experts peg Adam and Eve's expulsion from Eden at around 10,000 ago,
give or take. That would fit in with Caine's approximate birthdate and
subsequent cursing, with a thousand years or so to play around in.

Stephen Williams wrote:

> No, not by name. But there are clues in EoE (and other Wraith books
> too, iirc) and they strongly add up to the Lady of Fate being Eve, which
> would make Caine her vampire son. If Vampire mythology is true then
> Christian creationism is pretty much true, and I believe the religious
> experts peg Adam and Eve's expulsion from Eden at around 10,000 ago,
> give or take. That would fit in with Caine's approximate birthdate and
> subsequent cursing, with a thousand years or so to play around in.

Time of Thin Blood pegs the Antediluvians as at least 10,000 years old
(in an OOC sidebar, no less), so the religious experts are probably
undershooting it by a bit.
--

Stephenls wrote:
> Gieljan de Vries wrote:
>
>> Is that from 1st "it's all connected" Edition? What book exactly, oh
>> World
>> Archive of Wod1? ;)
>

> I keep my Wraith references in my other brain; you'll have to ask
> Richard. I believe it's stated outright at some point in Ends of
> Empire, though.

Unfortunately I began playing /Wraith/ only about a year before the
line was canceled; I do not have the 1E book in question.

As for /EoE/ I cannot check that right now, as it is packed up. Ask
again in a couple of weeks when I have my new pad. (^_^)

--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]

"Mmm! Power lines and paint chips! My childhood ROCKS!" -- Fighter,
8-bit Theatre

Hand-of-Omega wrote:

> jalaroc@aol.com (Jalaroc) wrote in message news:<20040720152939.04424.00000096@mb-m24.aol.com>...
>
>>in "end of empire" or whatever, the final wraith book, it pretty much says that
>>the lady of fate has a son who is a vampire, probably an antediluvian as he is
>>over 10,000 years old. Did they ever say who that vampire was?
>

> Caine. Heavily implied, at least...
>
> Interestingly, Demon: Houses of the Fallen also strongly hints that
> the Lady of Fate, Eve, was present during the original creation of the
> Underworld and watched as Charon, leader of the rebel Slayers, was
> taken away. Given that she apparently found and named Charon, I guess
> we know where she got her inspiration from!^^ That's not even
> mentioning stuff like Nhurdri...
>
> As for her other sons...
>
> Abel shows up in one of the possible endings of Gehenna, as presumably
> the First Wraith (who knows where he's been up till now, tho...Maybe
> he was originally intended to be Charon?), where he may or may not
> settle things with his brother once and for all. As for his younger
> brother, frankly I'm a little surprised that WW never used Seth for
> anything...And we never were told what happened to Adam. Probably he
> and Seth just Transcended upon death...Or maybe they became
> Charon...^^
>
> (yeah, I know Charon was, in the end, meant to be a nobody, but I'm
> just tossing out some more exciting possibilities, is all^^)
>
> For *real* fun, try debating whether Wraith's Deathlords have any
> relation to Exalted's Deathlords. Sure, both are lords of the dead,
> what else are they gonna call themselves? But then again, certain
> parts ofthe setting (like Stygia) seem a bit TOO coincidental...^__^

If one accepts that the AoS and the WoD are connected, I suspect a
city-state called Stygia and the tradition of referring to the rulers of
the Underworld as Deathlords do ultimately trace back to the Second Age,
but are so old that few if any remember their origins. (Like the way
Germany and Russia called their rulers Caesar fifteen centuries after
the fall of the Roman Empire.)
--

Hand-of-Omega wrote:

> For *real* fun, try debating whether Wraith's Deathlords have any
> relation to Exalted's Deathlords. Sure, both are lords of the dead,
> what else are they gonna call themselves? But then again, certain
> parts ofthe setting (like Stygia) seem a bit TOO coincidental...^__^

Exalted's Deathlords are Wraith's Onceborn. Duh. They've been eroded a
bit by Oblivion in the meantime, though. The imperfect retconning of
reality such that Exalted's reality never actually happened in the
currently valid past of the WoD probably didn't help them much either.