ATI Warning

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Desktops
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 14, 2012 5:13:25 PM

Everytime I open my desktop there's a warning message appears on my screen, how can I fix and stop that message from coming out? And is that a threat for my pc?.

More about : ati warning

September 14, 2012 5:19:23 PM

PC specs and some findings using CPUZ, GPUZ, and dxdiag.

PC specs:
Processor: Phenom ii x4 965BE @ stock speed
GPU: EVGA GTS 450
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W
Memory: 4gb 1333Mhz

m
l
September 14, 2012 5:22:49 PM

febfive said:
PC specs and some findings using CPUZ, GPUZ, and dxdiag.

PC specs:
Processor: Phenom ii x4 965BE @ stock speed
GPU: EVGA GTS 450
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W
Memory: 4gb 1333Mhz

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7702/30459878.png
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8736/15915409.png

HAHAHA, Sorry to laugh, but you have a GeForce card, that's why the warning is there. Just uninstall the drivers and Catalyst Control Center trough the Control Panel, and that annoying little message will go away.
m
l
Related resources
September 14, 2012 5:27:37 PM

UnlimitedBanana said:
HAHAHA, Sorry to laugh, but you have a GeForce card, that's why the warning is there. Just uninstall the drivers and Catalyst Control Center trough the Control Panel, and that annoying little message will go away.

Sorry for my stupid questions because I'm not a pro in desktops, anyway do i really need to uninstall the drivers and catalyst control center? Coz I'm afraid that it can affect my computer after uninstalling it.
m
l
September 14, 2012 5:29:32 PM

febfive said:
Sorry for my stupid questions because I'm not a pro in desktops, anyway do i really need to uninstall the drivers and catalyst control center? Coz I'm afraid that it can affect my computer.

Just Uninstall Catalyst Control Center so you don't uninstall the GeForce drivers by mistake, it won't damage your computer or your software, it's just that GeForce has it's own equivallent- nVidia Control Panel. It's the same, only it works with your Graphics card. :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2012 5:33:48 PM

Agreed, uninstall Catalyst Control Center, nothing bad will happen and the error will go away.

UnlimitedBanana - It is not kind to laugh at people. While the problem may be funny to you, it is probably not funny to the OP, me, or anyone else on this board. This board is not a place where people go to be made fun of. We want this board to be a place anyone can go for a positive helpful and preferably quick problem resolution. Laughing about people's problems is unprofessional and not what this board is about.
m
l
September 14, 2012 5:36:55 PM

Please check this, screen shot of my control panel. Is that the one I need to uninstall? the only ATI on my control panel.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2012 5:38:02 PM

febfive said:
Please check this, screen shot of my control panel. Only one ATI out there is that the one I need to uninstall?
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/875/98621407.png

yep, the catalyst install manager is it
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2012 5:46:10 PM

I've seen this happen if you've updated your graphics driver via Windows Update. The Microsoft packaged driver is more designed for everyday use instead of gaming, so it doesn't ship with a version of CCC that is compatible with it. Reinstalling the latest AMD driver should fix it.
m
l
September 14, 2012 5:49:20 PM

aicom said:
I've seen this happen if you've updated your graphics driver via Windows Update. The Microsoft packaged driver is more designed for everyday use instead of gaming, so it doesn't ship with a version of CCC that is compatible with it. Reinstalling the latest AMD driver should fix it.

he is using a GTS 450 mate, that's why he gets an Error from the AMD driver >.>
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2012 5:52:14 PM

UnlimitedBanana said:
he is using a GTS 450 mate, that's why he gets an Error from the AMD driver >.>

Of course... lol

That will also cause an error like that :p 
m
l
September 14, 2012 6:04:39 PM

Thanks everyone for helping me, I really appreciate it.
m
l
a c 274 U Graphics card
September 14, 2012 6:50:24 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Graphics & Displays by Mousemonkey
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2012 9:13:46 PM

Raiddinn said:
Agreed, uninstall Catalyst Control Center, nothing bad will happen and the error will go away.

UnlimitedBanana - It is not kind to laugh at people. While the problem may be funny to you, it is probably not funny to the OP, me, or anyone else on this board. This board is not a place where people go to be made fun of. We want this board to be a place anyone can go for a positive helpful and preferably quick problem resolution. Laughing about people's problems is unprofessional and not what this board is about.

It was slightly funny, but at least banana didn't mean it in a funny way and was at least helpful. :) 
m
l
!