Cell fones hopping between Rogers and Microcell

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

hi there. im located in north york area and yesterday i noticed my phone
jumps between "Microcell" and "rogers" - thats a really fast migration for a
merger that just went thru. anyone else notice these changes?

i noticed that the reception in my area - sheppard and donmills - is just as
the same as ever though, on a motorola v300 and nokia 8390 and siemens c61.
3 answers Last reply
More about cell fones hopping rogers microcell
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

    I was at Western University Hospital and by the time I got to the
    fifth floor I saw the roaming symbol come up and couple of times with
    the Microcell name as well.

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:25:04 -0500, "G" <hitman247@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >hi there. im located in north york area and yesterday i noticed my phone
    >jumps between "Microcell" and "rogers" - thats a really fast migration for a
    >merger that just went thru. anyone else notice these changes?
    >
    >i noticed that the reception in my area - sheppard and donmills - is just as
    >the same as ever though, on a motorola v300 and nokia 8390 and siemens c61.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

    "G" <hitman247@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > hi there. im located in north york area and yesterday i noticed my
    > phone jumps between "Microcell" and "rogers" - thats a really fast
    > migration for a merger that just went thru. anyone else notice these
    > changes?

    http://www.fido.ca/portal/en/support/acquisition.shtml

    http://www.rogers.com/fidoFAQs
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

    Shouldn't your switch your cell phone off when you are in a hospital?

    "Harold Heyermans" <crewman@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > I was at Western University Hospital and by the time I got to the
    > fifth floor I saw the roaming symbol come up and couple of times with
    > the Microcell name as well.
    >

    > On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:25:04 -0500, "G" <hitman247@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >hi there. im located in north york area and yesterday i noticed my phone
    > >jumps between "Microcell" and "rogers" - thats a really fast migration
    for a
    > >merger that just went thru. anyone else notice these changes?
    > >
    > >i noticed that the reception in my area - sheppard and donmills - is just
    as
    > >the same as ever though, on a motorola v300 and nokia 8390 and siemens
    c61.

Rogers AT&T Rogers Internet Service Providers