I'll just leave this here...

GreedFusion

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Not sure where to put this so I'll put it here. Can't find a forum ANYWHERE for this kind of thing (on tomshardware).
friend i recently built a comp for has an NZXT case thats white with red trim. the R.A.T. 7 is his current mouse choice, because there's a version of it that's themed white with red trim, but as for a keyboard... Can't find a good one with a good red backlight. I was looking at the MS sidewinder 4x or whatever, but I don't think it's mechanical, and he's willing to pay 50 to 100$ for a good red backlit keyboard. we know that a red and white keyboard is unlikely and wouldn't even look that great, but we need something with a red backlight for less than 100. If only the blackwidow had a red backlight... </3 xD

Hehe, I'm sitting here with my Thermaltake Challenger Pro that has a red backlight. Its not mechanical unfortunately.
http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Esports-Challenger-Keyboard-Illumination/dp/B0042AI466/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352591813&sr=8-1&keywords=thermaltake+challenger+pro

A mechanical option would be a Ducky Shine. You can get them with pretty much anyway key switch and backlight colour you could want. Though it does cost a fair bit.
http://www.amazon.com/Ducky-DK9008-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B009EAF9V2/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352591888&sr=1-11&keywords=Ducky+Shine

GreedFusion

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
hmmm.. ones too cheap and the other too expensive :eek: anny other options? it doesn't even HAVE to be backlit, as long is it has some red in it (the blackwidow isn't an option because the glowing blue razer emblem)

GreedFusion

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
I'd just like to say I AM SOLD on the r.a.t. 7. I know it has bad reviwes, but.. It's the only white/red mouse I could find WITH A PINKY REST AAGGHH. my pinky finger on my right hands bends inward really weirdly, so whenever I'm using a small/normal mouse my pinky always either rubs against my mousepad weirdly or slides undeneath my mouse! can't wait to test out the pinky rest on it. I know the R.A.T. 7 has bad reviews but so far me and 2 other friends are lovin' it.

GreedFusion

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
I don't like that keyboard. it looks aweful in MY opinion, and so far me and both of my computer savvy friends have really similar taste, so i'd say that's a no. worst comes to worse I'll just suggest the black widow and see what we can do to cover up the razer light.

QSBladey

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
I currently have a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard...It's very good, Never had any problems with it...

Though I'm looking to change to a Saitek Eclipse II..It comes in white and has changeable backlight. It's not mechanical though.

GreedFusion

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
AGH. I guess I'll just recommend the black widow and have the light filmed over red somehow. I can type without looking really fast, but I prefer being able to glance down to reassure myself. also, I prefer typing on chiclet keys and gaming on mechanical keys. and once again, this keyboard isn't for me. already have the blackwidow :p

WSAD keyboards.

It'll be about $20 over your limit, but you can do whatever you want with it... check it out.

The other option is buying a normal mechanical keyboard and a set of keycaps / a few custom keycaps.

I have a Leopold with MX Browns, white WSAD and arrow keys. If you added a red escape key, it'd fit the theme and look bitching.

TRENDING THREADS