I'll just leave this here...

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Keyboards
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
November 10, 2012 9:54:21 PM

Not sure where to put this so I'll put it here. Can't find a forum ANYWHERE for this kind of thing (on tomshardware).
friend i recently built a comp for has an NZXT case thats white with red trim. the R.A.T. 7 is his current mouse choice, because there's a version of it that's themed white with red trim, but as for a keyboard... Can't find a good one with a good red backlight. I was looking at the MS sidewinder 4x or whatever, but I don't think it's mechanical, and he's willing to pay 50 to 100$ for a good red backlit keyboard. we know that a red and white keyboard is unlikely and wouldn't even look that great, but we need something with a red backlight for less than 100. If only the blackwidow had a red backlight... </3 xD

More about : leave

November 10, 2012 10:01:36 PM

hmmm.. ones too cheap and the other too expensive :o  anny other options? it doesn't even HAVE to be backlit, as long is it has some red in it (the blackwidow isn't an option because the glowing blue razer emblem)
m
l
Related resources
November 10, 2012 10:10:45 PM

I'd just like to say I AM SOLD on the r.a.t. 7. I know it has bad reviwes, but.. It's the only white/red mouse I could find WITH A PINKY REST AAGGHH. my pinky finger on my right hands bends inward really weirdly, so whenever I'm using a small/normal mouse my pinky always either rubs against my mousepad weirdly or slides undeneath my mouse! can't wait to test out the pinky rest on it. I know the R.A.T. 7 has bad reviews but so far me and 2 other friends are lovin' it.
m
l
November 10, 2012 10:13:37 PM

I don't like that keyboard. it looks aweful in MY opinion, and so far me and both of my computer savvy friends have really similar taste, so i'd say that's a no. worst comes to worse I'll just suggest the black widow and see what we can do to cover up the razer light.
m
l
November 10, 2012 10:28:17 PM

Well, I'm out of options then.
Maybe get a non-red keyboard and spray the keys red yourself? Though I suspect that if you aren't a touch typist (can use a keyboard without looking), this would bring up some problems.
m
l
November 10, 2012 10:30:26 PM

I currently have a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard...It's very good, Never had any problems with it...

Though I'm looking to change to a Saitek Eclipse II..It comes in white and has changeable backlight. It's not mechanical though.
m
l
November 10, 2012 10:42:28 PM

AGH. I guess I'll just recommend the black widow and have the light filmed over red somehow. I can type without looking really fast, but I prefer being able to glance down to reassure myself. also, I prefer typing on chiclet keys and gaming on mechanical keys. and once again, this keyboard isn't for me. already have the blackwidow :p 
m
l
November 10, 2012 10:48:23 PM

If it really bothers you, you could get busy with a hand solder and a drill to replace the blue LED's with red ones. Though needless to say the warranty will be voided so don't screw up :lol: .
m
l
November 10, 2012 10:52:00 PM

It's not that big of a deal. I can always just glu a red film plastic over it. :p 
m
l
November 10, 2012 11:14:20 PM

WSAD keyboards.

It'll be about $20 over your limit, but you can do whatever you want with it... check it out.

The other option is buying a normal mechanical keyboard and a set of keycaps / a few custom keycaps.

I have a Leopold with MX Browns, white WSAD and arrow keys. If you added a red escape key, it'd fit the theme and look bitching.
m
l
November 10, 2012 11:33:38 PM

Looks like absolute poop though :p 
m
l
November 10, 2012 11:34:24 PM

GreedFusion said:
Looks like absolute poop though :p 

Then find a keyboard you like. Were just showing you what you asked for.
m
l
November 10, 2012 11:47:22 PM

xD thanks for that also. Even if you search "Red backlit keyboard" on newegg there's like 2 options :/  I'll just recommend the black widow unless something else pops out at me.
m
l
November 11, 2012 12:06:49 AM

Well one thing you could do is put these on for your keys. Will add a bit of red to your keyboard.
m
l
November 11, 2012 12:17:49 AM

Will definately do that to my black widow. lovely, thanks.
m
l
!