Sign in with
Your question

Please help me configure my multi monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 14, 2012 9:24:32 PM

Hi guys,
I'm currently using three monitors and one HDTV. I am running windows 7 and have two Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 Graphics cards. The three monitors are connected to one card, two with DVI, the other with through Display Port. The second card is running the HDTV via hdmi. I have the screens mounted in the shape of an upside down T, TV at top monitors on bottom, main monitor in middle. I would like to be able to move the cursor off the top of my center monitor, and have it appear on the bottom of the TV above. However whenever I try to set it up that way, dragging the image of the monitors into the configuration I want, as soon as I click "apply" it goes back to a 4 monitor side by side setup. Is this a windows limitation or am I doing something wrong.
Its REALLY impractical since I use all four screens a lot, its a pain to have to scroll past one monitor to get to the one that is right there
September 14, 2012 11:33:43 PM

I forgot to include that all four screens are recognized by windows, and they all work, except that windows can't see their position the way I want.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2012 11:39:53 PM

Ok this should be simple,right click on your desktop open screen resolution. Then click detect. Once you know what monitors are which, you can click and hold to drag them around until they match how you have them set up.

Also under multiple displays set it to "extend these displays".

What I meant by click and drag, click on the small mini screens that are numbered 1-4.
m
l
Related resources
September 15, 2012 12:38:26 AM

thanks snipersam,
thats why I'm confused, I do exactly that, and it shows the mini screens arranged the way I want UNTIL I click apply. Then it changes from the way I set it (Upside down T) to a horizontal row of 4.
m
l
September 15, 2012 12:49:50 AM

I tried it in amd catalyst control center AND windows. Same thing happens in each.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 15, 2012 1:06:02 AM

I just stacked my 3 monitor setup 3 screens high in windows and it worked, didn't even mess with AMD settings. I dont know why yours isn't working, im stumped.
m
l
September 15, 2012 2:20:09 AM

sniper,
are using windows 7?
m
l
September 15, 2012 2:38:18 AM

snipersam15 said:
I just stacked my 3 monitor setup 3 screens high in windows and it worked, didn't even mess with AMD settings. I dont know why yours isn't working, im stumped.

I dont get it,
I can go 4 wide, 4 high, or a 2x2 square. I can't do a T shape or an upside down T shape.
I'm guessing windows just doesn't allow it
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 15, 2012 3:00:34 AM

Yeah windows 7 ultimate 64bit
m
l
September 25, 2012 1:42:38 AM

anyone have any ideas? is this just a limitation in windows?
m
l
!