Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Any opinions on when gtx 560's will drop in price

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 15, 2012 3:17:18 AM

i have the 2gb version specifically, and my single one is getting lonely and wants a twin, i keep checking the prices every day, and it seems every graphics card is dropping in price but the 560-580 cards, and for the same price i would have to buy it a twin i could buy a brand new ghz addition asus 7870....and people selling them used want even more then places like newegg! i'm really getting annoying, any opinions on when i will see a signifcant enough drop to make buying another 560 worth it, instead of making a leap into like a 7870 now? Oh yeah, and 660s are about the same amount as most 560 2gb variants on the same sites now too!
September 15, 2012 2:29:49 PM

NO OPINIONS? ;P
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a c 259 U Graphics card
September 15, 2012 2:39:40 PM

You have rediscovered one of the pitfalls of planning on SLI.
Cards are sold at what the market will bear, and those looking to upgrade via sli have limited choices.
On the used market, the prices will drop to their correct price performance level.

If you need more performance, I suggest you sell the card and replace it with one considerably stronger.
Score
Related resources
September 15, 2012 5:33:05 PM

geofelt said:
You have rediscovered one of the pitfalls of planning on SLI.
Cards are sold at what the market will bear, and those looking to upgrade via sli have limited choices.
On the used market, the prices will drop to their correct price performance level.

If you need more performance, I suggest you sell the card and replace it with one considerably stronger.

Yeah that's why i feel weird about buying a 7870 or 7950 right now though, because i know if i buy one, in like 4-6 months when the 8000 series comes out, i will feel inadequate;p
Score

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a c 259 U Graphics card
September 15, 2012 5:43:07 PM

l1nks said:
Yeah that's why i feel weird about buying a 7870 or 7950 right now though, because i know if i buy one, in like 4-6 months when the 8000 series comes out, i will feel inadequate;p

Unless you need a fix to a problem now, just wait a bit.
Usually newcards come out in time for the Christmas buying period.
This year, we might see the 8000 series cards or the GTX780 class cards.
At least you will get some idea of what is coming and can make a more informed choice among different solutions.
September 15, 2012 5:49:59 PM

geofelt said:
Unless you need a fix to a problem now, just wait a bit.
Usually newcards come out in time for the Christmas buying period.
This year, we might see the 8000 series cards or the GTX780 class cards.
At least you will get some idea of what is coming and can make a more informed choice among different solutions.

if amd decides to price more competitively from the get go i think i'll go for the top of the line this graphics season
Score
September 15, 2012 6:18:20 PM

Best answer selected by l1nks.
Score
!