Solved

660 ti , 670 or wait for 770 ?

i currently have a i5-3570 @3.4ghz with a nvidia 460 v2 . Should i upgrade within this year or wait untill nvidia 700 series ? if i wait untill next year , should i get the 600 series when it is cheaper or get the 700 series?
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wait
  1. What games do you plan to play?
  2. Get a card now. The Nvidia 700 series will be releasing roughly 3rd quarter next year, too long to wait IMO.
    The Radeon 8000 series however is releasing new year-ish, it may be worth waiting for that.
  3. Are you pretty happy with your current performance? The next generation might still take up to 5 months. I would look for something on black friday or cyber monday.
  4. manofchalk said:
    Get a card now. The Nvidia 700 series will be releasing roughly 3rd quarter next year, too long to wait IMO.
    The Radeon 8000 series however is releasing new year-ish, it may be worth waiting for that.

    He already said he wants a NVIDIA card. Don't make this into something its already not.
  5. I am planning to play mostly fps games and looking forward to 2013 games as this year's games are quite sucky . I am not getting an ati card no matter what becos of driver problems.
  6. Best answer
    weiquan571 said:
    I am planning to play mostly fps games and looking forward to 2013 games as this year's games are quite sucky . I am not getting an ati card no matter what becos of driver problems.

    Get a GTX 670... Final decision. the 700 series won't be a big enough improvement as far as i know to warrant the wait. Your gonna have fanboys come in and say 8000 series 8000 series or 7000 series this, 7000 series that.. blah blah.. Select a answer and end this thread.
  7. Rockdpm said:
    He already said he wants a NVIDIA card. Don't make this into something its already not.


    Said that after I posted. Until then it could only be implied that OP was only going for an Nvidia card.
    And my reply was hardly fan-boyish.
  8. Best answer selected by weiquan571.
  9. Chill guys , no hard feelings :kaola:
  10. manofchalk said:
    Said that after I posted. Until then it could only be implied that OP was only going for an Nvidia card.
    And my reply was hardly fan-boyish.

    My appologies. I'm just tired of people coming in and just telling someone to get AMD. When they are already set in stone on what they already want.. and a "Fanboy" comes along and tells them to change the whole thing for the fanboys interest. Sorry if i came off too strong man
  11. weiquan571 said:
    Chill guys , no hard feelings :kaola:

    Sorry i kinda rushed this thread.. hope you did find the right answer though. If you ever need further help. Please just send me a message!
  12. Thank you ! :love: i am going to save up for the 670 :kaola:
  13. weiquan571 said:
    Thank you ! :love: i am going to save up for the 670 :kaola:

    :sarcastic:
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Intel i5 Nvidia Systems