Status
Not open for further replies.

qkhanhpro

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Hi. I'm using Aspire V3-471G with GT630M. Windows 7 Home
The GPU doesnt seem to fully loaded. It's like 40-50% in Morrowind, Warcraft 3.... And even drop to 10% in Silent Hill 2. It's just beyond unplayable

-I've tried 5 different drivers 2xx.xx to 3xx.xx and it doesnt seem to be solved
-Benchmarking programs and Encoding with GPU CUDA does street it to 100%
-Overclocking with MSI AB is possible but the option's greyed out in Nvidia Inspector (I tried to force constant Clock in NvidiaInspector)
-Power Set to maximum, CPU load <50%

Please help me fix this or show me a way to force constant clock. Thanks very much...

Solution
Not sure.. Have you tried looking for patches for the games as I don't think they were anticipating today's hardware when they were released...

What about more modern games? Can you test something like team fortress 2? (free on steam)

And how about benchmarks are you getting the typical scores for your card?

Also Nvidia released new drivers (306.23) about 2 days ago aimed at 6xx cards, have you tried them?

Edit: Have you installed any of the mods for Morrowind?

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Not sure.. Have you tried looking for patches for the games as I don't think they were anticipating today's hardware when they were released...

What about more modern games? Can you test something like team fortress 2? (free on steam)

And how about benchmarks are you getting the typical scores for your card?

Also Nvidia released new drivers (306.23) about 2 days ago aimed at 6xx cards, have you tried them?

Edit: Have you installed any of the mods for Morrowind?

Solution

They have? I'm sure I saw a post earlier claiming that Nvidia were holding back the driver for the 650's! :whistle: :lol:

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011

:lol: that wasn't me that posted that... I usually think before posting :lol:

Thought I'd spread the good news anyways, Don't thinks its the OP's problem though but worth a shot.

Im guessing its just badly optimized software for today's hardware, I did hear of a few mods though to bring Morrowind up to scratch...been so long since I played it....

qkhanhpro

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012

No. Not any mod yet
GT630M is not quite strong so i'm getting some old time games just for entertain. I really expected to max them out @ 800x600
It get OK score and 100% load when benchmarked with Pass mark, Furmark / MSI Kombustor and Encoding with CUDA (Xilisoft DVD Ripper )
Aw. And i got it acceptable with dota 2 ( 1024 x 768) all off, Medium render setting, constant 50-60 FPS. But i believe DotA 2 is not really demanding and it's a little low compare to the reviews. It should be somewhre near GT430, right?

Still, I think it's Nvidia Optimus that sucks. Still finding a way to make core clock dynamic. Can anyone suggest?

I know, I'm just being a twat whilst waiting for the MotoGP qualifying to start. :lol:

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011

Yes! not long to go now..... Lovely way to spend a saturday afternoon :D

@ OP Yea look at your optimus settings too, IRC if you right click the program there should be an option to choose which graphics to run on. Cannot remember the full path off the top of my head though, you might have to change something in the Nvidia control panel aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.