High latency

mayson

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
Hi guys
recently i have been experiencing issues with my internet connection. my connection is having a lot of packet loss (around 20%) and abnormally high ping and jitter ( sometimes 500 and above when it should be under 50). but every once in a while it goes back to normal for an hour or two then goes back up.
my build is 2600k / 8gb 1600 ddr3 ram / and a single gtx580 (i'm not sure if its related but is 1600mhz compatible with 2600k, since i heard that 2600k is 1333).
also a few times while the connection got really bad, its automatically paused my media player.
I restarted my router a few times hope that it will be fixed but no lock there.
also sometimes when I'm loading a page in the browser it just keeps on loading ( white page with circling thing) until i stop the load and load it again.
can anyone tell me whats wrong or what should i do.
any help would really be appreciated.

Mayson620

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011

I called the provider and they said there is nothing wrong on their end , and my speed is what it should be (8mbps).
and about the connection's info, tell me what u need to know plz so i can provide.

Mayson620

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011

its almost always and for the past 2 days it actually is always with now good times, also only person having the same problem is my roommate who uses the same router.