Status
Not open for further replies.

dmp12345678990

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Hi I'm struggling to choose a graphics card and any help would be appreciated
This is the first PC ill be buying so any help on anything would be great
I'm going to use it mostly for work and gaming (crysis 3 in february, bf3, dayz etc) im looking for something that will last another 3-4 years and run games well

My set up so far is

coolmaster HAF 912 plus mid tower gaming
Intel core i5 3570k quad core 3.4ghz
asetek 510LC liquid cooling system
Asus p8z77-v lx
8gb ram 1600MHz
500 watt power supply
1TB sata ll hard drive

So far i chose AMD radeon HD 7870 gigabyte superclocked but i was wondering if i should get 7950 or nvidia gtx 570, gtx 660ti, gtx 560 ti or gtx 580
i need a balance between cost and performance but don't mind spending that bit extra if it will save me in the future

Thanks for any advice

Solution
This sounds like a cyberpower build.

1) For gaming, the stock 3570K is much stronger than any of the graphics cards you are listing. It has no need of liquid cooling for any normal overclock. A simple $30 cooler like a cm hyper212 will do the job. It will be quieter and more reliable.

2) Be wary of cheap generic power supplies from cyberpower.

3) Buy the best graphics card you feel comfortable paying for. The graphics card is the most important component of a gaming rig. Use this article as a guide: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html
A GTX670 would not be inappropriate with a 3570K.

4) With your budget, I would include a 120gb or larger SSD for the os and some games.
Intel and samsung...
This sounds like a cyberpower build.

1) For gaming, the stock 3570K is much stronger than any of the graphics cards you are listing. It has no need of liquid cooling for any normal overclock. A simple $30 cooler like a cm hyper212 will do the job. It will be quieter and more reliable.

2) Be wary of cheap generic power supplies from cyberpower.

3) Buy the best graphics card you feel comfortable paying for. The graphics card is the most important component of a gaming rig. Use this article as a guide: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html
A GTX670 would not be inappropriate with a 3570K.

4) With your budget, I would include a 120gb or larger SSD for the os and some games.
Intel and samsung are the reliable brands today.

Solution

dmp12345678990

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012

thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS