Sign in with
Your question

Cant get any video card to work in any pci -slot one

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 15, 2012 11:32:35 AM

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core

Motherboard ASUS P8z68-v pro/gen3

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB x4 DDR3 1333

Crucial SSD 120g = OS on this drive

Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Harddrive 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified

Video card GTX570 HD 2.5g x2

So this has been driving me nuts!!

I had a ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 Intel Motherboard with a xfx 6950 that would not work in the first slot sent mother board back got new board same thing sent video card back got new video card same thing happen. So I thought maybe my motherboard just doesn't like my video card. So I just use the 2nd slot x8 didnt mind that it was the x16 speed but it started to eat at me so I went and got 2 new video cards Nvida 570HD same thing happen slot one wouldnt work fresh instal of windows and tried again same thing.

Knowing that there was a chance that I just got two bad motherboards cause that happen to me before I was ready to buy that next And I did. I got the ASUS P8z68-v pro/gen3 i had a 50 g ocz ssd hard drive first time change it to a 120 Crucial SSD.

install everything new video card new hard drive new mother board new os same ram same Processor same Power Supply .

Update bios , Intel chip, nivida drivers every Driver is up todate happy! it works but then i go online and screen turns off and come back on new error

"Nvidia Windows Kernel mode driver version 301.42 has stopped working stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
I know that alot of people have the happen to them after searching online I trieda bunch of stuff people said .

"Its the physX pick the card u want to do physX that fix it for me" fail dint fix it for me

"Turn down all you window settings and that fix it for me" how is this a fix???? didnt work anyway Fail for me again

"go to manage 3d settings power management mode worked for me " Fail didnt help

guy said that card came out over clocked some how out of factory but said to change numbers in bios that would make it over clock more so i didn't try that.

so I give up And try one card on top didnt work try other 570 on top didnt work move it to slot 2 and it works!!! why !!!
Is this same bug back haunting me could it be a bad ram or the Processor.
Did a ram test half way didn't think it was it so i stop it may try a full ram test.

So I think its not the motherboard going to test ATI card in it now to see if its the same bug. been doing this for 3 days till I got to this point. I really hope some one can help but i dont think so.

sorry so long
September 15, 2012 12:00:24 PM

So just an update its not the same bug Put my ATI card in and it works

So its the
"Nvidia Windows Kernel mode driver version 301.42 has stopped working stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

The Kernel of death cause I don't see one answer and the answers I found didn't work. Does anyone know a true fix for this?

"Nvidia Windows Kernel mode driver version 301.42 has stopped working stopped responding and has successfully recovered." ????

If I use both cards same time i get a blue screen some times after a couple of "Nvidia Windows Kernel mode driver version 301.42 has stopped working stopped responding and has successfully recovered." errors pop up. if i have one card on the top slot i just get Nvida Kernel error. If i have one card in the 2nd slot then it works, I would like to use both of the new cards
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2012 12:24:23 PM

Have you tried using newer drivers?
Related resources
September 15, 2012 12:56:52 PM

Mousemonkey said:
Have you tried using newer drivers?

Thanks for reply
I did try 4 diffrent drivers for the 570 new on old ones and beta old one
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2012 3:53:06 PM

What is the latest driver that you have tried?
September 15, 2012 4:14:05 PM

Mousemonkey said:
What is the latest driver that you have tried?

Version 306.23 - WHQL
Release Date Thu Sep 13, 2012
September 16, 2012 2:23:11 PM

Im guessing im going to have to send cards back called evga and they said it could be my processor cause my old mother board had a bad sata port. Not sure about this being right cause my ATI works in all slots in my new board. and on my other board nothing worked in the first slot. i want to go nvida but im scared no nvida will work on my board
September 28, 2012 6:25:00 AM

hello did u figure this out yet? i have having the same problem....my rig is almost the same as yours... same mother board and running 2 570's classifieds with i5 2550k
!