Pexze

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Hello peeps, I got a few questions.

I bought Sapphire 6870 the other day, but my LC power 450w [200w in reality :)] PSU will not handle it probably and I am not willing to try it at all. I am thinking of getting this PSU

http://imageshack.us/a/img12/5584/napajanjefrontier500wsl.jpg

I would like to know if the specs of this psu will manage my new gpu, if not then could you tell me what amps should I be looking for in 500w PSU's.

Thank you in advance.

Pexze

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Atm I am short on cash, so will this cheap psu I linked handle 6870 while I save up more money for better psu.

No. It looks like junk.
The data plate on the 500w psu says it can deliver 25 a @12v, if you can believe it.
The 430w corsair can deliver 28a.
A cheap psu will not deliver it's advertised power, as you have already learned with your LC power 450w
Also, it has the potential to damage everything it is connected to if it fails.

A good 500w psu will deliver about 34a.

Stick with known quality brands like Antec, Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, PC P&C.

If you are short of cash, wait until you have enough.

Pexze

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

What do you think about this one
http://www.lc-power.de/index.php?id=184&L=1

not necessarily. cards like the 6870 can use the adapter. There are Psu's with 1 6 pin cord that can power a 2 pin power card, as the cable was removed to cut cost. And this is the build I always point to.

Pexze

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

Hmm, In every shop I've been every salesman is offering me some 500w psu with not even one 6 pin connector and they all say it can run 6870 or gtx 560 non Ti with the use of two 4 pin molex and 2 adapters. I dont know what to think any more.

If you ask for advice, you should consider taking it.
These forum members have no interest in selling you anything.
A salesman works on comission.
A good one will give you good advice if he is knowledgeable and ethical.
A bad salesman will sell you what he can.

Pexze

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

True, true. Well I am going to get that crappy psu and measure its amps on connectors. If its not like it says on the sticker then I'm return it and save money for some better.

Thank you all for helping me on this matter so quickly.