BattleField 2. They going to Fix the Re Mapping of the key..

Last response: in Video Games
June 20, 2005 4:13:26 PM

I am not playing it just becuase of this :(

I liek to config the keys the way i want them. And i like using hte
arrow keys and the keys above and to the side for my control.

Iam not even aloud to use the arrow keys for movment for two different
vehicals ????

Why can't you config the same keys for diferent vehicals. I mean their
is no way to use them at the same time. If your in a tank your not
going to running arround in the tank are you ???? Or strafe left
BAHAHAHAH. Liek to see that Rap dancing tanks doing moon walks p

It sonyl a few days before the realease i hoep they read the forums
and fix this or iam not bothering with it. It might be a good game but
some things are just not worth rewarding people for by buying their
game.

Thanks FOr listening.
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 5:19:58 PM

"Kate Jackson" <KateJackson2004@2332.com.au> skrev i melding

> I am not playing it just becuase of this :(
>
> I liek to config the keys the way i want them. And i like using hte
> arrow keys and the keys above and to the side for my control.
>
> Iam not even aloud to use the arrow keys for movment for two different
> vehicals ????
>
> Why can't you config the same keys for diferent vehicals. I mean their
> is no way to use them at the same time. If your in a tank your not
> going to running arround in the tank are you ???? Or strafe left
> BAHAHAHAH. Liek to see that Rap dancing tanks doing moon walks p
>

> It sonyl a few days before the realease i hoep they read the forums
> and fix this or iam not bothering with it. It might be a good game but
> some things are just not worth rewarding people for by buying their
> game.
>
> Thanks FOr listening.

Know how you feel! Well, I've finally found a work-around, at least for my
belowed num-pad keys. Open the "Battlefield 2 Demo" folder under my
documents, go to directory "profiles". In my case, 3 maps are listed, 0001,
0002 and Default. Open "global" ini-file in same directory to see which map
is used by default, in my case 0002. Then open the "controls" ini-file in
this map and edit. I deleted all strings with the word "num-pad" in it and
saved, then I could finally map my belowed keys ;)

ATTENTION: Always make a backup before editing!!

MrK
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 7:19:41 PM

How do I edit so that ALL the keys start out blank and I can assign whatever
I like to any key?

Allan
June 20, 2005 9:22:18 PM

<zen19100@zen.co.uk> skrev i melding
> How do I edit so that ALL the keys start out blank and I can assign
> whatever
> I like to any key?
>
> Allan

Have not tried, but I guess you can delete all strings in the above
mentioned ini-file. Again, backup first.......

MrK
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 9:22:19 PM

> > How do I edit so that ALL the keys start out blank and I can assign
> > whatever I like to any key?

> Have not tried, but I guess you can delete all strings in the above
> mentioned ini-file. Again, backup first.......

Done. Works a treat! :-)

Allan
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:02:41 AM

>> > How do I edit so that ALL the keys start out blank and I can assign
>> > whatever I like to any key?
>
>> Have not tried, but I guess you can delete all strings in the above
>> mentioned ini-file. Again, backup first.......
>
> Done. Works a treat! :-)
>
> Allan

You are welcome!

MrK
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 12:02:42 AM

well....as its a demo id emagine its either a bug or on purpose that you
cant change the keys.
But BF2 the full game you will definetly be able to change keys...no
doubt lol
Its a standerd game feature, dont be put off because u cant change keys
in the demo...

--
jackw89

[image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/JACKS...]
[image:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/Orion...]
:cool:
jackw89's Profile: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/member.php?userid=10
View this thread: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:33:44 PM

Well i aint pre ordering it. Ill wait and see if i can chnage the keys
before i buy the game.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:38:57 -0500, jackw89
<jackw89.1qxw56@no-mx.mhogaming.com> wrote:

>well....as its a demo id emagine its either a bug or on purpose that you
>cant change the keys.
>But BF2 the full game you will definetly be able to change keys...no
>doubt lol
>Its a standerd game feature, dont be put off because u cant change keys
>in the demo...
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 1:33:45 PM

> Well i aint pre ordering it. Ill wait and see if i can chnage the keys
> before i buy the game.

I have the retail version and the problem still exists.

I found the only way to fix it was to completely delete most of the
control.con file (in My Documenst\Battlefield 2\profiles\00x - where X is
the profile number you wish to change) and start again from scratch.
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 4:26:38 PM

Well that is one game iam not buying. maybe they can fix it with a
patch. Somthing like that shoudl not need a patch should be simple.

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 02:05:31 +0100, <zen19100@zen.co.uk> wrote:

>> Well i aint pre ordering it. Ill wait and see if i can chnage the keys
>> before i buy the game.
>
>I have the retail version and the problem still exists.
>
>I found the only way to fix it was to completely delete most of the
>control.con file (in My Documenst\Battlefield 2\profiles\00x - where X is
>the profile number you wish to change) and start again from scratch.

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 5:01:07 PM

In article <tlueb1hjn1v8ph14ejfjquccj2qbqh44uf@4ax.com>, KateJackson2004
@2332.com.au says...

> >I have the retail version and the problem still exists.
> >
> >I found the only way to fix it was to completely delete most of the
> >control.con file (in My Documenst\Battlefield 2\profiles\00x - where X is
> >the profile number you wish to change) and start again from scratch.
> >

> Well that is one game iam not buying. maybe they can fix it with a
> patch. Somthing like that shoudl not need a patch should be simple.

it's a very easy thing to do. actually, starting from scratch like this
won't give you the irritating "key already mapped to XXX" errors, which
I absolutely hate.

/CF
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:39:14 AM

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:27:21 +0200, bishop
<bishop.1qziih@no-mx.mhogaming.com> wrote:

> www.ergodex.com
>
> don't like the WASD? move em.

Nice :-)

--
Flashhart
Anonymous

But can i remap the arroe kets for every unit as
forward.reverse,Strafe left stafe right.

Thats ll i realy want and i use the keys near those ove bellow and
right and left keys for allthe other options :)

So much easer this way as other keys dont interfer with your movment
and no pressing the wrong keys.

Thanks.

!