BattleField 2. They going to Fix the Re Mapping of the key..

I am not playing it just becuase of this :(

I liek to config the keys the way i want them. And i like using hte
arrow keys and the keys above and to the side for my control.

Iam not even aloud to use the arrow keys for movment for two different
vehicals ????

Why can't you config the same keys for diferent vehicals. I mean their
is no way to use them at the same time. If your in a tank your not
going to running arround in the tank are you ???? Or strafe left
BAHAHAHAH. Liek to see that Rap dancing tanks doing moon walks p

It sonyl a few days before the realease i hoep they read the forums
and fix this or iam not bothering with it. It might be a good game but
some things are just not worth rewarding people for by buying their
game.

Thanks FOr listening.
13 answers Last reply
More about battlefield mapping

    "Kate Jackson" <KateJackson2004@2332.com.au> skrev i melding

    > I am not playing it just becuase of this :(
    >
    > I liek to config the keys the way i want them. And i like using hte
    > arrow keys and the keys above and to the side for my control.
    >
    > Iam not even aloud to use the arrow keys for movment for two different
    > vehicals ????
    >
    > Why can't you config the same keys for diferent vehicals. I mean their
    > is no way to use them at the same time. If your in a tank your not
    > going to running arround in the tank are you ???? Or strafe left
    > BAHAHAHAH. Liek to see that Rap dancing tanks doing moon walks p
    >

    > It sonyl a few days before the realease i hoep they read the forums
    > and fix this or iam not bothering with it. It might be a good game but
    > some things are just not worth rewarding people for by buying their
    > game.
    >
    > Thanks FOr listening.

    Know how you feel! Well, I've finally found a work-around, at least for my
    belowed num-pad keys. Open the "Battlefield 2 Demo" folder under my
    documents, go to directory "profiles". In my case, 3 maps are listed, 0001,
    0002 and Default. Open "global" ini-file in same directory to see which map
    is used by default, in my case 0002. Then open the "controls" ini-file in
    this map and edit. I deleted all strings with the word "num-pad" in it and
    saved, then I could finally map my belowed keys ;)

    ATTENTION: Always make a backup before editing!!

    MrK

    How do I edit so that ALL the keys start out blank and I can assign whatever
    I like to any key?

    Allan

    <zen19100@zen.co.uk> skrev i melding
    > How do I edit so that ALL the keys start out blank and I can assign
    > whatever
    > I like to any key?
    >
    > Allan

    Have not tried, but I guess you can delete all strings in the above
    mentioned ini-file. Again, backup first.......

    MrK
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    > > How do I edit so that ALL the keys start out blank and I can assign
    > > whatever I like to any key?

    > Have not tried, but I guess you can delete all strings in the above
    > mentioned ini-file. Again, backup first.......

    Done. Works a treat! :-)

    Allan
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    >> > How do I edit so that ALL the keys start out blank and I can assign
    >> > whatever I like to any key?
    >
    >> Have not tried, but I guess you can delete all strings in the above
    >> mentioned ini-file. Again, backup first.......
    >
    > Done. Works a treat! :-)
    >
    > Allan

    You are welcome!

    MrK
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    well....as its a demo id emagine its either a bug or on purpose that you
    cant change the keys.
    But BF2 the full game you will definetly be able to change keys...no
    doubt lol
    Its a standerd game feature, dont be put off because u cant change keys
    in the demo...

    --
    jackw89

    [image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/JACKS.gif]
    [image:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jackfw89er/OrionsBurningMan.gif]
    :cool:
    jackw89's Profile: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/member.php?userid=10
    View this thread: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Well i aint pre ordering it. Ill wait and see if i can chnage the keys
    before i buy the game.

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:38:57 -0500, jackw89
    <jackw89.1qxw56@no-mx.mhogaming.com> wrote:

    >well....as its a demo id emagine its either a bug or on purpose that you
    >cant change the keys.
    >But BF2 the full game you will definetly be able to change keys...no
    >doubt lol
    >Its a standerd game feature, dont be put off because u cant change keys
    >in the demo...
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    > Well i aint pre ordering it. Ill wait and see if i can chnage the keys
    > before i buy the game.

    I have the retail version and the problem still exists.

    I found the only way to fix it was to completely delete most of the
    control.con file (in My Documenst\Battlefield 2\profiles\00x - where X is
    the profile number you wish to change) and start again from scratch.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    www.ergodex.com

    don't like the WASD? move em.

    --
    bishop
    bishop's Profile: http://www.mhogaming.com/forums/member.php?userid=43

    Well that is one game iam not buying. maybe they can fix it with a
    patch. Somthing like that shoudl not need a patch should be simple.

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 02:05:31 +0100, <zen19100@zen.co.uk> wrote:

    >> Well i aint pre ordering it. Ill wait and see if i can chnage the keys
    >> before i buy the game.
    >
    >I have the retail version and the problem still exists.
    >
    >I found the only way to fix it was to completely delete most of the
    >control.con file (in My Documenst\Battlefield 2\profiles\00x - where X is
    >the profile number you wish to change) and start again from scratch.

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <tlueb1hjn1v8ph14ejfjquccj2qbqh44uf@4ax.com>, KateJackson2004
    @2332.com.au says...

    > >I have the retail version and the problem still exists.
    > >
    > >I found the only way to fix it was to completely delete most of the
    > >control.con file (in My Documenst\Battlefield 2\profiles\00x - where X is
    > >the profile number you wish to change) and start again from scratch.
    > >

    > Well that is one game iam not buying. maybe they can fix it with a
    > patch. Somthing like that shoudl not need a patch should be simple.

    it's a very easy thing to do. actually, starting from scratch like this
    won't give you the irritating "key already mapped to XXX" errors, which
    I absolutely hate.

    /CF
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:27:21 +0200, bishop
    <bishop.1qziih@no-mx.mhogaming.com> wrote:

    > www.ergodex.com
    >
    > don't like the WASD? move em.

    Nice :-)

    --
    Flashhart
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    But can i remap the arroe kets for every unit as
    forward.reverse,Strafe left stafe right.

    Thats ll i realy want and i use the keys near those ove bellow and
    right and left keys for allthe other options :)

    So much easer this way as other keys dont interfer with your movment
    and no pressing the wrong keys.

    Thanks.

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:39:14 +0200, Flashhart <Flashhart@spamtrap.no>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:27:21 +0200, bishop
    ><bishop.1qziih@no-mx.mhogaming.com> wrote:
    >

    >> www.ergodex.com
    >>
    >> don't like the WASD? move em.
    >>

    >Nice :-)