Help with my Power Color 6850!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cartman28279

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Hey everyone, I recently purchased a Power Color HD 6850 and it was working great after I installed it, but after I tried to play a few more games maxed out the screen would just turn black and my computer would freeze. And when i restarted this earlier the screen starting changing colors but I got it to come back on like normal again but everything still freezes every time I play my games. So what do you think the problem could be and how could I fix this??

My Specs:

AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.2 ghz

Power Color Radeon 6850

Xtreme Gear 500W ATX Model# XG-P500

4 gb Ram

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS

465 gb Hard Drive

And by the way, I read that my PSU might be the problem because some people said this CPU wasn't really that great, but I'm not sure. Just tell me what I can do to fix this without buying a new PSU, but if I have to buy one, then send me a link to one that is guaranteed to work 100% with my setup because I don't want to run into anthoer problem if I bought a PSU that wasn't that great.

Thank you for reading this, and please try to reply as soon as you can.

cartman28279

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
OK thanks, but would that be enough if I change from my current specs to these parts I'm about the list with my new graphics card? Because I'm going to buy these to upgrade my system eventually. Here they are:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-P67A-D3-B3

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600

So do you think the PSU you listed would work with all of these parts and my 6850? Or do I need a better PSU? And if so show me another PSU thats good and cheap aswell.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.