Sign in with
Your question

HP Desktop Computer

Last response: in Systems
November 11, 2012 2:44:07 PM

Hey guys! I had a question what do you guys think about this computer?
1) http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/HP-Pavil...

I'm going to be using it to do a bit of gaming, for example... Runescape, Minecraft, Warcraft III. Could you tell me if it's a good deal? Also, what would it be able to run? Thanks! Also... I was thinking if i get it i could add a SSD, would HP let me do that without the warranty being voided?

More about : desktop computer

November 11, 2012 3:16:50 PM

It's good for prebuilt, but if you're buying for gaming you really DON'T need 16 GB ram, 8 GB is max and even 4 GB i good nowadays!
November 11, 2012 3:22:40 PM

For the price it isn't bad but you could do much better for the money if yo build yourself. Also, there is no difference at all in gaming with an i7 vs. an i5. An i7 only shines out on video editing and things like that. Also as stated above, 16gb or RAM is overkill. The most you could ever need for gaming is 8. Last, the graphics card will be able to run modern games on medium settings. For the same budget if you build yourself you could get a graphics card which is 2 or 3 times more powerful.
Related resources
November 12, 2012 12:23:09 AM

Nice PC. The CPU will be state of the art for a while. The video card is OK, not great. Will play most/all games but not at highest settings. The PC will support you adding a great video card any time you feel like it. Not a bad choice.
--------------

PROCESSOR | Intel Core i7-3770 3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.90 GHz MEMORY | 16 GB DDR3 1333 MHz HARD DRIVE SIZE | 2 TB SATA 7200 RPM OPERATING SYSTEM | Windows 7 Home Premium PC TYPE | Desktop OPTICAL DRIVE | SuperMulti Blu-ray Player MEDIA DRIVE | Front panel 15-in-1 memory card reader • 3 PCI Express x1 (one available) • 1 PCI Express x16 (occupied) • 1 MiniCard (occupied) AUDIO | Beats Audio Studio Quality Sound VIDEO | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics memory
November 12, 2012 2:14:03 AM

tsnor said:
Nice PC. The CPU will be state of the art for a while. The video card is OK, not great. Will play most/all games but not at highest settings. The PC will support you adding a great video card any time you feel like it. Not a bad choice.
--------------

PROCESSOR | Intel Core i7-3770 3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.90 GHz MEMORY | 16 GB DDR3 1333 MHz HARD DRIVE SIZE | 2 TB SATA 7200 RPM OPERATING SYSTEM | Windows 7 Home Premium PC TYPE | Desktop OPTICAL DRIVE | SuperMulti Blu-ray Player MEDIA DRIVE | Front panel 15-in-1 memory card reader • 3 PCI Express x1 (one available) • 1 PCI Express x16 (occupied) • 1 MiniCard (occupied) AUDIO | Beats Audio Studio Quality Sound VIDEO | AMD Radeon HD 7770 with 2 GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics memory

Would the system right there be better or this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ? Thanks! Also, do you have a better deal than any of those 2 that are build?
November 12, 2012 6:10:22 PM

tiny voices said:
For the price it isn't bad but you could do much better for the money if yo build yourself. Also, there is no difference at all in gaming with an i7 vs. an i5. An i7 only shines out on video editing and things like that. Also as stated above, 16gb or RAM is overkill. The most you could ever need for gaming is 8. Last, the graphics card will be able to run modern games on medium settings. For the same budget if you build yourself you could get a graphics card which is 2 or 3 times more powerful.

Would the system right there be better or this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6883155408 ? Thanks! Also, do you have a better deal than any of those 2 that are build?

November 12, 2012 7:04:48 PM

That computer is ok and will play games at medium settings and some high settings. You could do twice this good for less money however.
November 12, 2012 10:08:47 PM

tiny voices said:
That computer is ok and will play games at medium settings and some high settings. You could do twice this good for less money however.

Like which PC would we be talking about, that i could get the twice better? thanks!
November 13, 2012 2:12:17 AM

tiny voices said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nwth

Here is just one example. This will play anything at max settings.

It says " ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Antec Three Hundred Illusion ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports." Is there any other case you recommend? Also, the CPU cooler could it be a little better? Thanks!
!