Exalted Artifact Submission.

So, I ran a game of Exalted and had the following submitted to me for
approval.

I've made up my mind, but am wondering what other people think.

It's Artifact 4.

By spending 2^x motes (where X is the number of targets), the user
causes a startling gust of wind. The player rolls Wits + Occult +
Essence. The person this is directed at makes a Dex + Athletics roll.
For each success the user has over the target, the target is thrown
back 30 feet.

On 29 Jul 2004 02:22:10 -0700, maltlick@yahoo.com (Zane Graves) wrote:
>It's Artifact 4.

IMHO, It's too expensive.
"
S&S :
Power 4 :Major:At this level, an artifact can give almost
any bonus to a single Attribute or Ability or a wide range
of bonuses (as per Power 3) to several Attributes or
Abilities. The device's bonuses to soak or damage are
limited to +10, but it can also create force fields or other
magical barriers to guard multiple people from attacks.
The artifact can duplicate the effects of Essence 4 Charms
with no more than seven prerequisite Charms or three
Essence 3 Charms, as above. However, the artifact cannot
provide perfect attacks or defenses.
"
I'm not knowdlegeable enough in charms for judging the duplicating
thing above. ...

>By spending 2^x motes (where X is the number of targets), the user
>causes a startling gust of wind. The player rolls Wits + Occult +
>Essence. The person this is directed at makes a Dex + Athletics roll.
> For each success the user has over the target, the target is thrown
>back 30 feet.

but seeing the attack is not perfect (and not extremely hard to
defend), and that a noble warstrider is artifact 4, I believe it's too
expensive. Without a limit on the number of targets, I'd say 3.

Guillaume

Zane Graves wrote:

> So, I ran a game of Exalted and had the following submitted to me for
> approval.
>
> I've made up my mind, but am wondering what other people think.
>
> It's Artifact 4.
>
> By spending 2^x motes (where X is the number of targets), the user
> causes a startling gust of wind. The player rolls Wits + Occult +
> Essence. The person this is directed at makes a Dex + Athletics roll.
> For each success the user has over the target, the target is thrown
> back 30 feet.

That's a horrible power. All the melee types will have to chase
them...wait, I've been playing lots of City of heroes.

Seems kind of weak for a 4th level artifact, though.

--
Elizabeth D. Brooks | kali.magdalene@comcast.net | US2002021724
Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG

maltlick@yahoo.com (Zane Graves) wrote in message news:<3a33e414.0407290122.6ac304e0@posting.google.com>...
> So, I ran a game of Exalted and had the following submitted to me for
> approval.
>
> I've made up my mind, but am wondering what other people think.
>
> It's Artifact 4.
>
> By spending 2^x motes (where X is the number of targets), the user
> causes a startling gust of wind. The player rolls Wits + Occult +
> Essence. The person this is directed at makes a Dex + Athletics roll.
> For each success the user has over the target, the target is thrown
> back 30 feet.

I agree with the others, expect I'd rank it Artifact 2. What form does
this thing take? I'm imagining one of those big-ass folded fans anime
characters are always whacking each other with!^^

Dex

smilinglord@hotmail.com (Hand-of-Omega)

> I agree with the others, expect I'd rank it Artifact 2. What form does
> this thing take? I'm imagining one of those big-ass folded fans anime
> characters are always whacking each other with!^^

Not even that cool. It's a circlet.