Could my DDR be bad?

G

Hello All,
I'm having trouble with my computer locking up(I'll list my system specs at the bottom). It seems all games lock up, and if I leave my computer alone for a while (even at the desktop)it does not seem to go into standby. When I move the mouse or hit a key the screen will come back on white...and the system is just locked up. I don't think the computer ever makes it to standby because the temp never goes below 40 and it use to go down the the 20's. Could this be a memory thing?...or maybe driver such as a busmaster or miniport thing?? I have already Fdisk/Format/reinstall Win98se and I still can't play games without lockup. I have tried different video drivers and that did nothing. OH and another odd thing, I can't get MadOnion 3DMark 2000 or 2001 to install. The computer locks up at the same point on the install every time. Any ideas?
System:AMD 1.33 T-Bird
Epox 8k7a-with latest bios
256 meg pc2400
Quality 475W ps
SB Live
Visiontek GF3
Win98se

System:
Epox 8K7A
1.33 T-Bird@1540mhz(140x11)
S.B. Live
IBM 60 gig

Raskall

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2001
It could be the memory. I would try taking the whole thing apart, putting it back together, and fdisk/format/reinstall. See if you still get he same problems. Then swap out parts one by one till it's fixed, starting with the memory, then proc, then mobo. That's how I normally t/s problems like that... Something else to keep in mind, might be the ribbon cable between the hard drive and mobo.