can Nokia 3300 used to connect laptop to internet over GPRS?

Tags:
  • Nokia
  • Laptops
  • Connection
  • Modem
  • Internet
Last response: in Brands
a b D Laptop
December 3, 2004 5:04:33 AM

Hi,

I have a Nokia 3300 with GPRS connection and a laptop with internal
modem.

Is it possible to access internet from laptop using Nokia 3300' GPRS
connection?

(I read that nokia 3300 can not be used as a modem...)
If anybody knows how to that , please let me know

Thanks,
Ray

More about : nokia 3300 connect laptop internet gprs

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 3, 2004 5:26:25 PM

Nokia 3300 doesn't have modem (the device, which can _demodulate_ GPRS
signals to PC signals and _modulate_ PC signals in GPRS ones), there is no
such device inside this phone and it is practically and physically
impossible.

Standard DKU-2 cable can be used only for MP3 and MMC card management, as it
is physically connected only with MP3 player section and MMC card reader.

This phone has also technological plug under the battery, which can be used
only for data synchronization purposes (calendar management, gallery
management , phonebook management, SMS management etc. ) with our program
only ( Oxygen Phone Manager II http://www.opm-2.com/ ).

If you need some phone, which is capable to play MP3's and modulate /
demodulate GPRS data for PC we can recommend to have a look at Nokia 6670,
6630 or 6230.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, Rayoflight!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 3 Dec 2004 02:04:33 -0800
from address vaibhav.joshi@gmail.com:

>Hi,

>I have a Nokia 3300 with GPRS connection and a laptop with internal
>modem.

>Is it possible to access internet from laptop using Nokia 3300' GPRS
>connection?

>(I read that nokia 3300 can not be used as a modem...)
>If anybody knows how to that , please let me know

>Thanks,
>Ray
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 5, 2004 7:09:40 AM

Thanks a lot Maxim!

I knew it does not have modem capabilities , but just wanted to know if
has some workaround .
I'll have look at the handsets recommended by u.

Regards,
Ray
Anonymous
a b D Laptop