can Nokia 3300 used to connect laptop to internet over GPRS?

Hi,

I have a Nokia 3300 with GPRS connection and a laptop with internal
modem.

Is it possible to access internet from laptop using Nokia 3300' GPRS
connection?

(I read that nokia 3300 can not be used as a modem...)
If anybody knows how to that , please let me know

Thanks,
Ray
3 answers Last reply
More about nokia 3300 connect laptop internet gprs

    Nokia 3300 doesn't have modem (the device, which can _demodulate_ GPRS
    signals to PC signals and _modulate_ PC signals in GPRS ones), there is no
    such device inside this phone and it is practically and physically
    impossible.

    Standard DKU-2 cable can be used only for MP3 and MMC card management, as it
    is physically connected only with MP3 player section and MMC card reader.

    This phone has also technological plug under the battery, which can be used
    only for data synchronization purposes (calendar management, gallery
    management , phonebook management, SMS management etc. ) with our program
    only ( Oxygen Phone Manager II http://www.opm-2.com/ ).

    If you need some phone, which is capable to play MP3's and modulate /
    demodulate GPRS data for PC we can recommend to have a look at Nokia 6670,
    6630 or 6230.

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, Rayoflight!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on 3 Dec 2004 02:04:33 -0800
    from address vaibhav.joshi@gmail.com:

    >Hi,

    >I have a Nokia 3300 with GPRS connection and a laptop with internal
    >modem.

    >Is it possible to access internet from laptop using Nokia 3300' GPRS
    >connection?

    >(I read that nokia 3300 can not be used as a modem...)
    >If anybody knows how to that , please let me know

    >Thanks,
    >Ray

    Thanks a lot Maxim!

    I knew it does not have modem capabilities , but just wanted to know if
    has some workaround .
    I'll have look at the handsets recommended by u.

    Regards,
    Ray

    Thanks a lot Maxim!

    I knew it does not have modem capabilities , but just wanted to know if
    has some workaround .
    I'll have look at the handsets recommended by u.

    Regards,
    Ray

Nokia Laptops Connection Modem Internet