Solved

~$1100 Gaming PC

Hey guys going from a gaming laptop to a gaming PC since I am starting to use my PC a lot more and games are getting more advanced so needed a new computer that I could upgrade in the future and also can run current games very well.

Approximate Purchase Date: In about a month or so

Budget Range: ~1100 a little more or less possibly

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (a lot of gaming, watching live streams, web surfing)

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: New build; all parts

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Prefer newegg

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU preferred but the rest are fair game

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050 is preferred monitor resolution

Additional Comments: Playing games like WoW, Black Ops 2, Battlefield 3, Diablo 3

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Need something that I can upgrade in the future and has more power

Looking forward to feedback!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 1100 gaming
  1. Best answer
    Something like this perhaps.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($127.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($33.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($289.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Zalman Z9 ATX Mid Tower Case ($41.98 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($53.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: HP LE2201w 22.0" Monitor ($179.00 @ Mac Connection)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1077.88
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-11 20:37 EST-0500)

It should be noted that the Microcenter deal on processor is in-store only, if you don't have means to purchase that way, processor will cost $40+ more, elsewhere.
  2. Really like that build Malbluff except I'm not really digging the case. Any 2nd opinions you might have on one?
  3. http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/crafted_series/tempest

I'd suggest either that case or the Antec 300 Illusion.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066

Maybe a slightly cheaper mother board...?

Other than that, x2 to Malbluff
  4. I thought the same thing about the mobo, which one would you recommend instead?
  5. Best answer selected by stealth891.
  6. stealth891 said:
    Really like that build Malbluff except I'm not really digging the case. Any 2nd opinions you might have on one?

Always a bit of a nightmare suggesting cases; so much is personal taste. Picked the Zalman as it's good value. It's as good as anything around that price point. Once you get to the $60/$70 price, there are lots of good choices. Antec 300Two, Antec Illusion, HAF922, Corsair Carbide, basically lots.
  7. Ended up going with the Illusion for case. Thanks for the help on the build; really looking forward to getting the parts and setting it up! Thanks to everyone for their input.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Games Systems Product