GPU upgrade question

I am interested in buying this card for my gaming rig.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127682

These are my current computer specs bought it pre made but really wanna swap GPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229266

I assume I need a new power supply so I was gonna get this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182200

I would also like to get some more fans just to be safe but honestly I dont know how so if this looks all good and dandy what kind of challenge am I up for i've never installed a psu I have installed a graphics card before but not a expensive one like this my main question though are what am i up for if i do do it alone,also what type of fans should i get for my case and does everything look good for my current pc like will it fit should i get more fans or no?
10 answers Last reply
More about upgrade question
  1. You picked a good power supply but honestly a terrible gpu. You should look into the new gtx 660. It is incredibly better than the 570 in so many ways.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127699
  2. bigbodsquad said:
    I am interested in buying this card for my gaming rig.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127682

    These are my current computer specs bought it pre made but really wanna swap GPU
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229266

    I assume I need a new power supply so I was gonna get this one
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182200

    I would also like to get some more fans just to be safe but honestly I dont know how so if this looks all good and dandy what kind of challenge am I up for i've never installed a psu I have installed a graphics card before but not a expensive one like this my main question though are what am i up for if i do do it alone,also what type of fans should i get for my case and does everything look good for my current pc like will it fit should i get more fans or no?


    Wow that one looks much better and cheaper thanks but still need more answers!
  3. yep the gtx 660 is really good
  4. The psu you have will work.
  5. I suggest an HD 7870:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125418

    7870 is generally faster than 660 and is only about $20 more expensive, so I find it a better buy. Your PSU is fine.
  6. bigbodsquad said:


    This is 660 Ti version, a stronger and more expensive card than 660. I find it overpriced, I would rather spend much less for HD 7870 or spend just a bit more for the, stronger in most cases, 7950.

    Both 7870 and 7950 are stronger than 570 u originally posted.
  7. I thought about it I dont wanna shell out $310 on a card so I think i'll go with this but will it fit in my pc specs at top link.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127662
  8. XXStavrosXX said:
    This is 660 Ti version, a stronger and more expensive card than 660. I find it overpriced, I would rather spend much less for HD 7870 or spend just a bit more for the, stronger in most cases, 7950.

    Both 7870 and 7950 are stronger than 570 u originally posted.


    So will it fit into my tower it looks big but the reveiws on the card are flawless
  9. bigbodsquad said:
    So will it fit into my tower it looks big but the reveiws on the card are flawless


    If you know how to use a tape measure, you can answer your own question.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product