Closed Solved

Radeon HD 7770 with this PSU and PC?

13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about radeon 7770
  1. Best answer
    It'll all work together great. The PSU you picked has the exact same dimensions as the one HP put in there. Looks like you're good to go. Although you could easily get away with a 380W or 430W PSU.
  2. stant1rm said:
    It'll all work together great. The PSU you picked has the exact same dimensions as the one HP put in there. Looks like you're good to go. Although you could easily get away with a 380W or 430W PSU.

    I was going to go with a 430W PSU, but couldn't find one that was certified and as awesome as this one. This is a great deal, unless you can find a 380W or 430W PSU for me, that would be great. :P
  3. Best answer selected by duker02.
  4. stant1rm said:
    It'll all work together great. The PSU you picked has the exact same dimensions as the one HP put in there. Looks like you're good to go. Although you could easily get away with a 380W or 430W PSU.

    easily? i doubt it but a 500 for sure would handle it easily.
  5. stealer0517 said:
    easily? i doubt it but a 500 for sure would handle it easily.


    No, a quality 380W or 430W PSU would serve just fine for the components in his system.
  6. stant1rm said:
    No, a quality 380W or 430W PSU would serve just fine for the components in his system.

    I found some more things, tell me if they would be good with my system?

    PSU:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152028

    GPU:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908
    or
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150618
  7. The 6850 isn't hugely more powerful then the HD 7770. I like that choice, it's a solid little card. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102967

    The Raidmax PSU is crud. Try this one for $35, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371045.
  8. stant1rm said:
    The 6850 isn't hugely more powerful then the HD 7770. I like that choice, it's a solid little card. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102967

    The Raidmax PSU is crud. Try this one for $35, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371045.

    But hwcompare says 6850 is a lot better. And that PSU you sent me is deactivated :(
  9. duker02 said:
    But hwcompare says 6850 is a lot better. And that PSU you sent me is deactivated :(


    It is better, you're right. Just not a massive amount. But a decent amount. And sorry about that PSU being deactivated. That was quick. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371045 try this one.
  10. the 6850 and 7770 are close in performance. Personally, I like the 7770 better because it will run cooler and is more efficient, and will grow better in time with driver updates(as it has) though note that you are buying a 7770 a bit before AMD officially marked further price cuts and the 7770 is bound to drop in price sometime.
  11. stant1rm said:
    It is better, you're right. Just not a massive amount. But a decent amount. And sorry about that PSU being deactivated. That was quick. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371045 try this one.

    Thank you! I am definitely going with that card and PSU with mail-in rebates. :) If it works out, I'll tell you, but if not, I'll just do RMA, and tell you :P
  12. Sweet, lemme know and good luck!
  13. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Radeon Graphics Product