Problems with ssd, mobo or ram??

ragebkd

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Hello,
I recently built a new computer with a Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h motherboard, patriot viper 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 ram and a kingston ssdnow 120gb ssd. So here is my problem. I put everything together and installed windows 7 64-bit. Almost immediately I started having windows explorer crashes, windows update error messages, etc.. So I went through event viewer and found tons of errors. Next I decided to run memtest. Memtest instantly came up with memory errors. I did some simple memory diagnostics and determined it only failed in dual channel and showed the wrong timings if a single stick was in. After speaking to gigabyte they instructed me to enable xmp mode which I did. After doing that I let memtest run for a while and no errors came up. Thinking this resolved my issue's I reinstalled the OS so as to not have a messed up install due to ram errors. I had something pop up part way through windows installation that said I needed to run chkdisk which I did and it fixed a bunch of orphaned files and continued installation. Then once I started doing drivers and updates I kept having errors come up again. Some of them were registry hive errors, vol mgr errors, ntfs errors, windows update errors etc... Running memtest again as we speak and no errors so far.. Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on with this system? Do I have a faulty ssd? Mobo? Ram? I am starting to lean towards the ssd but i'm not sure at this point. this thing has been a huge pain in the ass. please help!

ragebkd

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
just did what you said, installed windows 7 and after installing mobo drivers it blue screened. Happened to quickly to read the message but it restarted and I am now attempting to install updates to see if this keeps screwing up. Really getting frustrated here

TRENDING THREADS