Sign in with
Your question

GTX 570 SCREEN TEARING PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP!!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 15, 2012 10:02:32 PM

So I had screen tearing with the 306.23 nvidia driver, and then reinstalled it and then it was fixed. Then the next day I had screen tearing, a noticable difference to the day before. I know it does not have to do with the settings, like v-sync, or anything. But I reinstalled it again and it was really smooth and no screen tearing. Anyone know why this is happening? Its with a GTX 570 by the way.
November 1, 2012 12:58:05 AM

I've had this exact same experience with my GT 550 Ti

I literally do a custom install of the graphics driver 306.97 every time I go to play a game. I've tried several combinations of settings but to no avail. Any explanation on this would be great.

m
l
November 1, 2012 1:18:32 AM

fcaster said:
So I had screen tearing with the 306.23 nvidia driver, and then reinstalled it and then it was fixed. Then the next day I had screen tearing, a noticable difference to the day before. I know it does not have to do with the settings, like v-sync, or anything. But I reinstalled it again and it was really smooth and no screen tearing. Anyone know why this is happening? Its with a GTX 570 by the way.

I suggest not using those drivers. Roll back to the previous drivers.
m
l
November 1, 2012 3:41:02 PM

I fixed my problem a while back and it was because I was using windows 7 basic, instead of windows aero. Basic is supposed to be better for gaming, and I got more frames, but there was tearing. It is possible that v-sync does not work with windows 7 basic because that did not fix the problem and it should have. Hope this helps.
m
l
!