New build for audio/gaming

mon4ro

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Hey, guys!

My friend's looking to buy a new PC for mainly audio editing but also for some possible gaming and I could use some second thoughts on the parts.

Approximate Purchase Date: 2012

Budget: 800€

System Usage: Listening to music, Audio editing, light video rendering, surfing the web, gaming

Buying a monitor? No

Bying an OS? Yes

Preferred site to buy from: Jimm's PC Store, hardwareversand.de

Overclocking: Probably not

Monitor Resolution: 1280x1024

Additional Comments: It needs to be silent since audio recording will be made in the same room

So, here are the components I have picked up:
http://gyazo.com/ca40cdfdb99917064706c14a7b2949eb

It's missing a video card so, to fit the budget, it needs to be under 170€ What do you think about the parts in general? The 1 TB HDD will be needed but it will be used for many heavy audio programs. I don't know if it should be a better one for that matter.

Thank you for your input!

-Mon4ro

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
I would get the FX-8320 instead and a matching AM3+ board. It's great for your system usage and gaming isn't that big of a priority anyway.

As for a GPU, I'm not sure about the prices there, but get a 7770 or 6870.

G

i keep reading about people saying this would be good for content creation but in reality there just isnt that amount ram throughput that is needed for content creation, tiny tom logan really got into this and broke it down. i would go i5

cutebeans

Distinguished

I think so too. i5 would be better. AMD is really a loser in the CPU scene.

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

Where exactly? TH themselves did a benchmark test on the FX-8350 and have come to the conclusion that it outperforms Core i5 on multithreaded apps and is just right behind i7+HT.

G

i definitely agree although there trinity APUs are pretty damn good, mainly because the star of the show is the on board graphics haha. i hope they really shape up soon, if they dont they might have to sell the business or merger and that might kill the cpu/gpu rase and competitiveness

mon4ro

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Awesome, thanks for all the help so far! I do have one question concerning the video card, though. The amount of different versions is mind-boggling. I'll put a link here. Which one of these 7770s I want to get? There're OC'd cards, 1 GB and 2 GB cards and so many different companies are supplying these.

Of course I get that more memory is better and so on. But when people talk about HD 7770, which one of these are they actually talking about?

http://gyazo.com/8471695660ef432ab8d94c70d3d72423

Thanks!
-Mon4ro

G

get which ever is highest rated. personally i like asus products with a directcuii cooling but i dont think the 7770 has that cooler. the HIS version comes pretty highly rated so i would probably get that

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

That's just one source too. :lol:

I agree OC3D makes really good and thorough reviews. Though I don't think his system usage would be so intense that memory bandwidth would bottleneck performance; not to mention, it's hard to recommend an i5 for his budget when the 8320 would perform better for his rendering at a much cheaper cost.

G

8320 is $180 you can get an i5 for that, it wont be an unlocked processor but for most things an i5 is better

TRENDING THREADS