Closed Solved

Upgrading

Hello, can i put a HD graphics card on this MB ?

946gzt-am v:1.0
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading
  1. That mobo has 1xPCI-e x16 slot, so provided that it's not currently occupied, then yes you can add a gpu to that slot. What psu do you have? You will need to make sure your psu is sufficient to power the gpu you wish to buy.
  2. Thank you Black Duck, its funny you asked that. After i posting i read some other postings, and opened up my case to see...lol its a Orion model XP320,---guess i need to upgrade that too huh !?!?
  3. Best answer
    Mark1312 said:
    Thank you Black Duck, its funny you asked that. After i posting i read some other postings, and opened up my case to see...lol its a Orion model XP320,---guess i need to upgrade that too huh !?!?

You're welcome, pleased to be of some assistance. Re the psu, I would deffo replace the psu (but then I'm a bit of a power whore, will never buy a psu that isn't at least bronze certified and from a reputable manufacturer) I would suggest looking at the seasonic, or corsair psu ranges. Without knowing more of your system requirements, it's a bit difficult to make specific recommendations, but somewhere in the 400W-500W range will satisfy most single gpu setups with a little room to spare.
    Good luck.
  4. Just to let you know, this is my 1st attempt at ( building a better system ) or upgrading, i'm a gamer, i play wow ( don't laugh ) my system does ok i guess, runs at 20-25 fps. I loaded Diablo III and it wont even start (GPU) not supported lol... so here i am.
    I guess my biggest question would be, is it a wast of time upgrading this system ?

Acer
    Intel(R) Core 2 cpu 4400 @ 2.00GHz
    2.00 GB (RAM)
    Graphics : Intel(R) 946GZ Express Chipset Family
    Gaming Graphics : 256 MB Total available graphics memory
    Mobo 946GZT-AM V : 1.0
    PSU :Orion model XP320

Thank you for any and ALL suggestions, and i will look into the psu, before the gpu.
    Thanks again !!!
  5. do you have a budget or preference for AMD or nVidia graphics cards?
  6. budget yes, no pref.
  7. So what's your budget? You think we can read your mind? :lol:
  8. Best answer selected by Mark1312.
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Graphics