Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

You're welcome, pleased to be of some assistance. Re the psu, I would deffo replace the psu (but then I'm a bit of a power whore, will never buy a psu that isn't at least bronze certified and from a reputable manufacturer) I would suggest looking at the seasonic, or corsair psu ranges. Without knowing more of your system requirements, it's a bit difficult to make specific recommendations, but somewhere in the 400W-500W range will satisfy most single gpu setups with a little room to spare.
Good luck.

Mark1312

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Thank you Black Duck, its funny you asked that. After i posting i read some other postings, and opened up my case to see...lol its a Orion model XP320,---guess i need to upgrade that too huh !?!?

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

You're welcome, pleased to be of some assistance. Re the psu, I would deffo replace the psu (but then I'm a bit of a power whore, will never buy a psu that isn't at least bronze certified and from a reputable manufacturer) I would suggest looking at the seasonic, or corsair psu ranges. Without knowing more of your system requirements, it's a bit difficult to make specific recommendations, but somewhere in the 400W-500W range will satisfy most single gpu setups with a little room to spare.
Good luck.

Solution

Mark1312

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Just to let you know, this is my 1st attempt at ( building a better system ) or upgrading, i'm a gamer, i play wow ( don't laugh ) my system does ok i guess, runs at 20-25 fps. I loaded Diablo III and it wont even start (GPU) not supported lol... so here i am.
I guess my biggest question would be, is it a wast of time upgrading this system ?

Acer
Intel(R) Core 2 cpu 4400 @ 2.00GHz
2.00 GB (RAM)
Graphics : Intel(R) 946GZ Express Chipset Family
Gaming Graphics : 256 MB Total available graphics memory
Mobo 946GZT-AM V : 1.0
PSU :Orion model XP320

Thank you for any and ALL suggestions, and i will look into the psu, before the gpu.
Thanks again !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.