Solved

Under $600 First build ever will it work?

Hi I am building a gaming computer for below $600. And i have some questions

Will these parts work well together?

Will it be a good computer for the price?

CPU:
Intel Core i3-2130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor

Motherboard:
Asus P8H61-M LX PLUS R2.0 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory:
Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage:
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card:
Galaxy GeForce GTX 650 1GB Video Card

Case:
Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply:
Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply

Thanks :D
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about under build work
  1. check the memory is rated at 1.5 volts or less
  2. I would make three changes.
    1. Choose a less expensive case. In a budget build, more needs to into the guts, and less on the skin. A Rosewill Blackbone for $32 shipped is a decent choice.
    2. Use some of the savings to get a better video card. You might be able to fit a HD7850 into your build.
    3. The V2 version of the Corsair Builder is made by CWT, not Seasonic; using inferior Samxon capacitors from a line known to experience early failure. I would suggest something built by Seasonic, Delta, or FSP. The Antec VP-450 is efficient enough for 80+, but is disqualified only because it lacks APFC. The Super Flower-built Rosewill Capstone is also good. Any of these will be only a little more expensive than the Corsair, perhaps $15-$25.
  3. Outlander_04 said:
    check the memory is rated at 1.5 volts or less

    don't know what you mean by that. do i need it to be 1.5 volts or less? or 1.5 volts or more?
  4. You need memory rated for 1.5V or LESS.
  5. Onus said:
    I would make three changes.
    1. Choose a less expensive case. In a budget build, more needs to into the guts, and less on the skin. A Rosewill Blackbone for $32 shipped is a decent choice.
    2. Use some of the savings to get a better video card. You might be able to fit a HD7850 into your build.
    3. The V2 version of the Corsair Builder is made by CWT, not Seasonic; using inferior Samxon capacitors from a line known to experience early failure. I would suggest something built by Seasonic, Delta, or FSP. The Antec VP-450 is efficient enough for 80+, but is disqualified only because it lacks APFC. The Super Flower-built Rosewill Capstone is also good. Any of these will be only a little more expensive than the Corsair, perhaps $15-$25.


    The CorsairCX v1 were notorious for failing. That's why they went out and made a v2 which was better and even recommended by most reviewers. The v2 is a good choice if you're planning to buy it. The v1 was phased out for a reason.
  6. Onus said:
    You need memory rated for 1.5V or LESS.

    ok thanks
  7. Onus said:
    I would make three changes.
    1. Choose a less expensive case. In a budget build, more needs to into the guts, and less on the skin. A Rosewill Blackbone for $32 shipped is a decent choice.
    2. Use some of the savings to get a better video card. You might be able to fit a HD7850 into your build.
    3. The V2 version of the Corsair Builder is made by CWT, not Seasonic; using inferior Samxon capacitors from a line known to experience early failure. I would suggest something built by Seasonic, Delta, or FSP. The Antec VP-450 is efficient enough for 80+, but is disqualified only because it lacks APFC. The Super Flower-built Rosewill Capstone is also good. Any of these will be only a little more expensive than the Corsair, perhaps $15-$25.



    taking into acount what cutebeans said do you think these parts would be better?
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147023&Tpk=Rosewill%20Blackbone
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131482
  8. Benches on the GTX650; not too good IMHO: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-geforce-gtx-650-benchmark,3297-24.html

    Commentary on the V2 "Builder" starts here: http://forums.hardwaresecrets.com/not-so-tough/8805?threadid=8805?goto=newpost and continues onto the badcaps.org forum. I would not buy one, so I cannot ethically recommend that someone else buy one. The "Builder" is cheap for a reason.

    Edit: Yes, those choices would be a lot better. Powercolor is a budget brand, but I've bought 2-3 of them, and they worked just fine. Their coolers may not be as good (or as quiet) as cards intended for overclocking, but I don't think that should stop you from buying one.
  9. Onus said:
    Benches on the GTX650; not too good IMHO: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-geforce-gtx-650-benchmark,3297-24.html

    Commentary on the V2 "Builder" starts here: http://forums.hardwaresecrets.com/not-so-tough/8805?threadid=8805?goto=newpost and continues onto the badcaps.org forum. I would not buy one, so I cannot ethically recommend that someone else buy one. The "Builder" is cheap for a reason.

    Edit: Yes, those choices would be a lot better. Powercolor is a budget brand, but I've bought 2-3 of them, and they worked just fine. Their coolers may not be as good (or as quiet) as cards intended for overclocking, but I don't think that should stop you from buying one.


    what other brands would you recommend?
  10. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($125.00 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($169.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($28.43 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $510.37
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-12 00:14 EST-0500)

    I chose the 430w v2 because I really think it is the best price/performance. You can see it with a lot of reviews that alot of them are raving about it. i3 -3220 is the newest and more efficient i3 CPU in the market. 7850 would have no problems with a lot of games.
  11. Best answer selected by cramved.
  12. cutebeans said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($125.00 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($169.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case ($28.43 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $510.37
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-12 00:14 EST-0500)

    I chose the 430w v2 because I really think it is the best price/performance. You can see it with a lot of reviews that alot of them are raving about it. i3 -3220 is the newest and more efficient i3 CPU in the market. 7850 would have no problems with a lot of games.

    thanks so much :)
  13. cramved said:
    thanks so much :)


    No problems :)! Check to see reviews on the CX430w v2, they really have no problems with it even if it isn't made by Seasonic. :bounce: If budget allows then you should get a better case, so you can make use of the usb 3.0

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-s210e002
  14. Yes, the V2 reviews well, but it won't hold up. Read the links I provided.
    An Antec Earthwatts, BP, or VP; or a 380W-500W Seasonic would be good alternatives.
  15. I'd go for the 7770 over the 650 if you're low on money.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product