Error Caused by a Device Driver

Josh

My computer gives a blue screen, reboots and gives an
error message stating recovery from a serious problem.
Error Analysis states it was caused by a Device Driver.
Any Idea how I can fix that problem?

Hello
Remove the device driver that is causing the problem.
If you do not know which one it is, use the process of elimination, remove
the previous installed drivers until you discover the problem one, go to the
manufacturers website and see if there is an updated XP driver.

Might be able to offer more help if you have an error code or more
information.

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
"Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer gives a blue screen, reboots and gives an
> error message stating recovery from a serious problem.
> Error Analysis states it was caused by a Device Driver.
> Any Idea how I can fix that problem?

updating the driver from Nvidia and Intel, rolling back
the driver and a few other things and I don't have any
idea how to fix it. Thanks

is Stop 0xoooooo EA Thread Stuck in Device Driver
(Q293078) Another was 0x00000076 Process Has Locked Pages
Error In Windows (Q256010) and when I looked around a bit
deeper in the error reports I found this AMLI- :ACPI Bios
is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address
(Ox70) which lies in the 0x70-0x71 protected address range.
I hope this helps, and again I really appreciate it.
By the way, while searching for device driver problem
solving I found something fitting the description of our
problem called "The Infinite Loop?" I don't know, but it
sounds devious.
>.

Hello
Are you running an ATI Video card, it looks like this could be your problem.
http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/3968.html

--

> [...]

Hello Again
Here is some more information still looking like the video card
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q293078

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
Not a MVP
Not a MS-MVP
Not nothing just a good ole boy..;)

Joe

Nancy

I am having the same problem and getting the same error
message. Have you found a solution for this?

Hello All
All the information I can find on these related errors have to do with the
video card or the AGP adapter in the motherboard.

I would suggest doing a system restore back to a date prior to the problem,
or a repair install, or a different video card.

Maybe someone else will have a better solution.

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
Not a MVP
Not a MS-MVP
Not nothing just a good ole boy..;)
"Josh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer gives a blue screen, reboots and gives an
> error message stating recovery from a serious problem.
> Error Analysis states it was caused by a Device Driver.
> Any Idea how I can fix that problem?

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I also get the same error codes, pages locked and threads tuck etc, I have rolled back drivers, updated drivers etc but still have the same problem I believe that my video card is to blame so I am going to get a new one.
P.S

If you have Norton Anti Virus this could be the cause of the problem!