earthcool

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Hello,
I am running with a Sabertooth z77 mono and the i5 3570k CPU. I've tried installing drivers to allow the HD 4000 to do its job, however whenever i pass the windows logo screen with the drivers enabled i get a black screen with no connection running to my LCD monitor. Disabling the drivers allow me to continue through the logo screen without having to go into Safe Mode.
I have tried enabling the igpu in the BIOS but to no luck it still persists.

Solution
the mvp software is the one that hagging up the system if you installed it. also make sure you have the newest intel 4000 video chipset drivers..the ones on the asus cd are old.

make sure your bios is at 1504 and in the bios you have mvp enambled it on the ipgpu selction page..the two things on the bottom..intel rendering the line above it it to let both the ipgpu and a gpu run at the same time. you may need to set the gpu as first boot device so that windows keeps the video on gpu. also make sure you have the newest intel video drivers and the newest mvp software the one on asus are out of date. (let you know the mvp software is buggy it does work with some games if you get it working).

earthcool

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
I noticed that my BIOS was out of date, so I did that. Still a black screen after installing the drivers. Also changing the settings in the BIOS seems to do nothing.
I had forgotten to mention that I do not have a discriminate GPU yet. I am wanting to run up some low level games with only the HD 4000 graphics. I've updated the drivers on the igpu several times and still nothing. As well as going through regedit and deleting some registries for the intel display, as some other have been having similar problems.
I have noticed that msconfig does not show the drivers for the HD graphics, I am curious on weather this has anything to do with my problem.